Contribute
Register

Monterey/Ventura on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Quick heads up, the 12.4 update went beautifully. After some digging It seems I am on the 7.5 version still. I'll try to take some time this week for upgrading my OC version.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 3.58.08 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi there,
I just owned an HP Elitedesk 800 G4 mini with I5-8500 - 16 GB, and I have some sleep/wake issues...

I used last EFI (0.7.9) attached on Big Sur thread - 1st page, computer works fine, running on macOS 12.4 - but I cannot wake after sleep...

I'm using the native USBPorts.kext from EFI without changes...
I also tried different Graphic Device Properties from 1st page, but still not possible to wake after sleep (I use 2 DELL P2419H screens connected directly in DP).

I have no Wi-Fi Card, no NVME, only Sata SSD, 2+1 DP connectors.
I also used the pmset script to avoid sleep issues.

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?

Last edited:
Hi there,

I have just obtained a HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini (after already having a G3) with the following specs:

- Intel Core i7-9700
- 64GB DDR4 RAM (2x 32GB)
- USB-C Gen2 in Expansion Port
- AX200 WiFi

I am planing to install Monterey on it and to use the itlwm for the WiFi. Still looking for a working EFI folder
and/or DSDT files. Anything I should be aware of?

Still looking for a working EFI folder
and/or DSDT files. Anything I should be aware of?
It would be wise to read all of the original thread posts by Deeveedee as there is a lot of important info to learn there. This is not just as simple as a copy/paste of an EFI folder and you're done. Take some time and read carefully.

Last edited:
Not much. Depends on what you are using now. I am on OC 0.8.4. Same EFI works perfectly both for Monterey 12.6 and Ventura Beta 9 except for the Airportitlwm.kext (need to put the specific version for Ventura). I use Ventura for a daily driver since it's out. Feels super fast and snappy. That's on HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini with i5 8500T , 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz GB, Kingston A2000 500GB nvme SSD and Intel 8265NGW card. For under 300$ in Ebay this is a great choice compared to a double priced and not quite customizable Mac Mini's with similar specs. I still cannot find Thunderbolt flex card for my mini pc since this is the only lacking point (if working under MacOS).

Hi, I used HP 800 G4 65W, the same EFI(Opencore 0.8.2), change Board Number, MLB and UUID, and updated to the newest BIOS Ver02.20.01 Rev.A, I have installed successfully of Monterey 12.4, then I updated to 12.6, but after reboot there show: "Selected Boot Image did not authenticate", each time I enter to the BIOS setup, change to Legacy boot Disable and secure boot disable, F10 reboot, put the number to save the change, but each time enter the BIOS, show secure boot is Enabled. then boot to Windows 11Pro. How to do this?

Hi @logyon and @rafale77,

Just wanted to say thanks for the great guide, posting sample EFI's, and other configuration information for Monterey on the EliteDesk. I just wiped and rebuilt my EliteDesk 800 G4 (i5-8500 65W TDP version) and everything is running great thanks to this excellent forum. Can't thank you both enough. Keep up the good work.

Everything works great aside from a few quirks. My external DAS/JBOD doesn't want to report SMART on this machine (but does on other Hackintosh/Genuine Mac systems); slow disk performance on USB 10 Gb/s ports (but totally normal on the 5 Gb/s. These are spinning disks so the bandwidth is not a limiting factor here), and I need to get a new Bluetooth adapter to make that work.

I had started to lose interest in Hackintosh after M1 came out. I now use MB Air M1's for both work and personal computers, and in particular the M2 Mac Mini looked like a good target for my next desktop (couldn't stomach the 16 GB RAM limitation on M1), with my current Hackintosh (Intel Z170, GTX 770, macOS 10.13 High Sierra) becoming long-in tooth and starting to develop lots of little quirks (flickering 4k video with hardware accel, loose DisplayPort meaning if I kick the box the screen blanks out, lots of apps being incompatible with High Sierra, etc. etc.).

However with the delayed launch of the M2 Mac Mini lineup and my need for a fast, flexible machine, Hackintosh once again pulls through as the winner. My only complaint is slightly laggy graphics with the Intel UHD 630 compared to dedicated GPU, and the relatively loud fan noise on the 65W model. To solve the latter, I am going to look into a cooling mod.

Although total overkill, possibly looking at one of the Noctua C-coolers as a low-profile quiet cooling solution (NH-C14S).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back