Contribute
Register

Monterey/Ventura on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

My last commentary on USBX SSDT and USBPorts.kext is here. There's more than one way to do this. If you have both USBX and USBPorts.kext like I do, I'd suggest making sure the properties are the same in both.

EDIT: @rafale77 If the replaced EFICheckDisabler.kexts are truly identical, maybe you need to run disk repair on your EFI.

Last edited:
Upgraded to 12.3. No issues to report

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 07.15.38.png

@deeveedee

If you think the posts in post one should have the EFI's then great of if there should be a link to a post you have that contains all the standardised efi files that I can link to let me know.

Not been on for a while as currently got the covid and not had a chance to upgrade my one to monteray

@logyon - hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Continue to use your judgement about what should be posted - you're doing great.

Just upgraded to 12.3.1 on my 800G4 with OC 0.7.9 without any issues. Smooth upgrade

Likely due to your DP to HDMI adapter. Try either using an active adapter or use a DP port on your monitor.
I think what is happening is that the adapter is powered by the monitor. If the monitor goes to sleep or is turned off then the adapter is powered off. When you power the monitor back on, the adapter can't sync with the DP port. I had similar issues with mine and have been avoiding the the HDMI adapter since. One thing I could do was to unplug and replug the adapter from the HP. Usually it brings the signal back.
Occasionally, i found the solution.
We should complete the Graphic configuration in DeviceProperties of config.plist to figure out how many video ports are there on motherboard and which type are the ports, DP, HDMI or VGA.
If no configurations are there, macOS will fall into disorder about how to output video signal.
Problem was solved by referring to [GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem) | tonymacx86.com.
Below is my configuration with 2*DP and 1*HDMI.
截屏2022-04-06 16.36.26.png

After adding these configurations, the monitor works well whenever it wakes up from sleeping or turns off and on the monitor.

Hey folks, is anyone having issues with video calls in Chrome? I'm getting lag on my video. This happens only on Chromium based browsers. I didn't have that issue on Big Sur. Any help?

Beautiful job guys! Last few months I am following the thread silently and thanks to you my HP Mini G5 with i5 9500T wokrs like a charm! I just have one question about cpu upgrade. So far my cpu is doing great but I want to put some more juice inside so I decided to buy i7 or i9. What are the temps on your machines with i7 and i9 ? I know K versions are really power hungry, T versions are hard to find and just locked versions left on the second hand market. Also what power adapters you have, mine is 65W and I am sure I need at least 90W.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Flex I/O Boards

For those who are wanting to replace the VGA i/o board with DisplayPort/HDMI/thunderbolt/USB C

Part numbers below and what works and does not. Not all regions will have these and some are hard to get hold of or are very expensive. I've tried to contact HP support to ask if the flex I/O board can be bought directly through them however the UK customer service was not very helpful.

Part No - 3TK77AA - Thunderbolt 3.0

View attachment 537437

Maximize the life of your PC as your business needs change with the flexible connectivity of the HP Thunderbolt 3.0 Port Flex IO, which supports ultra-fast file backup, editing, and sharing with transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps.

Key Benefits
• Add an extra flexible Thunderbolt 3.0 IO to your DM
• Transfer speed of up to 40 Gbps* • Interchangeable with other modules
• Supports up to DisplayPort™ 1.2
*Maximum speed requires DisplayPort™ and PCIe aggregation

Link to a possible external supplier

Part No - 3TK72AA - Displayport

View attachment 537441

Maximize the life of your PC as your business needs change with the flexible display connectivity of the HP DisplayPort Port Flex IO.

Key Benefits
• Add an extra flexible DisplayPort™ to your DM or Tower
• Interchangeable with other modules
• Supports up to DisplayPort 1.2
• Supports DisplayPort++

Part No - 3TK74AA - HDMI

View attachment 537442

Maximize the life of your PC as your business needs change with the flexible display connectivity of the HP HDMI Port Flex IO (400/600/800).

Key Benefits
• Add an extra flexible HDMI IO to your DM and Tower
• Supports HDMI 2.0a w/HDR + HDCP 2.2

Part No - 3TK78AA - Type C USB 3.1 Gen 2

View attachment 537443
Maximize the life of your PC as your business needs change with the flexible connectivity of the HP Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 Port Flex IO, which supports ultra-fast transfer speeds compared to USB 3.1 Gen 1.

Key Benefits
• Add an extra flexible Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 IO to your DM and Tower
• Transfer speed up to 10Gbps
• Support up to 15w out (5V, 3A) • Support up to DisplayPort™ 1.4

Part No - 3TK79AA - Type C USB 3.1 Gen 2 with PD - Suitable for 35w 800 G4 only.

View attachment 537444

Maximize the life of your PC as your business needs change with the flexible connectivity of the HP Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 Port with PD FlexIO, which supports ultra-fast transfer speeds compared to USB 3.1 Gen 1 and transmits data and power through one cable.

Key Benefits
• Add an extra flexible Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 IO to your DM and Tower
• Transfer speed up to 10Gbps
• Support up to 15W out (5V, 3A)
• Support up to 60W in (20V, 3A)
• Support up to DisplayPort™ 1.4

Resources from HP

I just purchase 3TK77AA and don't know how to make it work on my hackintosh. My G5 already config with 3xDP.plist.zip display. Can some one help me on this or give me some hint ?

Here you go.

By the way I have started on a new mini build with following components:
Lenovo P340 tiny, i9-10900, AMD WX4100, 64GBDDR4 3200, 2x2TB Hynix SSD
Same form factor. Will start a new thread on it. Should be fun...
Brother if possible post your Lenovo P340 Image with AMD WX4100 Fitted , i just want to check GPU fittings i Have same build

Back