Contribute
Register

Monterey/Ventura on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Flex I/O Boards

For those who are wanting to replace the VGA i/o board with DisplayPort/HDMI/thunderbolt/USB C

Part numbers below and what works and does not. Not all regions will have these and some are hard to get hold of or are very expensive. I've tried to contact HP support to ask if the flex I/O board can be bought directly through them however the UK customer service was not very helpful.

Part No - 3TK77AA - Thunderbolt 3.0

1639853620627.png

Maximize the life of your PC as your business needs change with the flexible connectivity of the HP Thunderbolt 3.0 Port Flex IO, which supports ultra-fast file backup, editing, and sharing with transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps.

Key Benefits
• Add an extra flexible Thunderbolt 3.0 IO to your DM
• Transfer speed of up to 40 Gbps* • Interchangeable with other modules
• Supports up to DisplayPort™ 1.2
*Maximum speed requires DisplayPort™ and PCIe aggregation

Link to a possible external supplier

Part No - 3TK72AA - Displayport

1639856814170.png

Maximize the life of your PC as your business needs change with the flexible display connectivity of the HP DisplayPort Port Flex IO.

Key Benefits
• Add an extra flexible DisplayPort™ to your DM or Tower
• Interchangeable with other modules
• Supports up to DisplayPort 1.2
• Supports DisplayPort++

Part No - 3TK74AA - HDMI

1639857211933.png

Maximize the life of your PC as your business needs change with the flexible display connectivity of the HP HDMI Port Flex IO (400/600/800).

Key Benefits
• Add an extra flexible HDMI IO to your DM and Tower
• Supports HDMI 2.0a w/HDR + HDCP 2.2

Part No - 3TK78AA - Type C USB 3.1 Gen 2

1639857463106.png

Maximize the life of your PC as your business needs change with the flexible connectivity of the HP Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 Port Flex IO, which supports ultra-fast transfer speeds compared to USB 3.1 Gen 1.

Key Benefits
• Add an extra flexible Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 IO to your DM and Tower
• Transfer speed up to 10Gbps
• Support up to 15w out (5V, 3A) • Support up to DisplayPort™ 1.4

Part No - 3TK79AA - Type C USB 3.1 Gen 2 with PD - Suitable for 35w 800 G4 only.

1639857775182.png

Maximize the life of your PC as your business needs change with the flexible connectivity of the HP Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 Port with PD FlexIO, which supports ultra-fast transfer speeds compared to USB 3.1 Gen 1 and transmits data and power through one cable.

Key Benefits
• Add an extra flexible Type-C USB 3.1 Gen2 IO to your DM and Tower
• Transfer speed up to 10Gbps
• Support up to 15W out (5V, 3A)
• Support up to 60W in (20V, 3A)
• Support up to DisplayPort™ 1.4

Resources from HP

Last edited:
I think this thread belongs in the desktop guide section... If one of the mods could move it there, it would be even better!

My first contribution:

This is the OC 0.7.6 EFI I am running on monterey. Make sure to have the intel ME enabled and maximized the Video shard memory in the BIOS

In order to use this, please make sure to generate your own SMBIOS (UUID/Serial number/MLB/ROM). I randomly have regenerated one in this configuration which may not be valid.

This is not too different from @deeveedee's Big Sur version.
The differences I know of are:
The enabling of the boot chime through onboard speaker.
I enabled all three DP ports. DP->HDMI works on all three and all three also have the audio through the DP ports.
I use a slightly different USBPorts configuration which I have not touched for quite some time:Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 08.58.33.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    67 MB · Views: 569
Running just fine. Typing on it at the moment. Have yet to find any problem.
Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 15.35.53.png

Last edited:
For those who are using DP->DVI adapters and who are patching connector types as DVI (using my posted EFI from the Big Sur thread), I have found that Monterey 12.1 does not support patched connector type DVI (<04000000>). My rig booted to black screens when connector types were patched to DVI. Starting with Monterey, users with DP->DVI video adapters must patch connector types as HDMI (<00080000>). For Monterey 12.1, I am using the OC 0.7.6 R001 EFI attached to Post #1 in the Big Sur thread, with my only change being the patched connector types (changed from DVI <04000000> to HDMI <00080000>).

UPDATE: EFI OC 0.7.6 R002 includes the updated connector types (HDMI) for DP->DVI adapters and is now attached to Post #1 in the Big Sur thread. I am using OC 0.7.6 EFI R002 for both Big Sur 11.6.2 and Monterey 12.1 at the time of this post, as it enables DP->DVI adapters with both macOSes.

Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 9.57.52 PM.png

Last edited:
@logyon I want to commend you on your courage to create this thread. Thank you for taking the reins to continue macOS support for this HackMini8,1. At the time of this post, there are 107K views of my Big Sur thread. Aside from my 106K views, that's a lot of potential viewers and you were the only one to accept the challenge. Well done.

For those who are using DP->DVI adapters and who are patching connector types as DVI (using my posted EFI from the Big Sur thread), I have found that Monterey 12.1 does not support patched connector type DVI (<04000000>). My rig booted to black screens when connector types were patched to DVI. Starting with Monterey, users with DP->DVI video adapters must patch connector types as HDMI (<00080000>). For Monterey 12.1, I am using the OC 0.7.6 R001 EFI attached to Post #1 in the Big Sur thread, with my only change being the patched connector types (changed from DVI <04000000> to HDMI <00080000>).

View attachment 537215
Great catch! I did not notice it since I am using DP. I have a few DP-HDMI adaptors laying around and can confirm this observation...

Just updated both my 600 G5 and 800 G5 to resp. version R22 and R21 which correspond to BIOS 2.11.00 which includes security updates for the intel ME.

Nothing bad to report so far. All seems to be up and running the same. The BIOS would refuse to update directly from the BIOS menu through the HP website. I ended up having to create a USB drive using the HP windows tool.

Back