Contribute
Register

Monterey/Ventura on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

MB:HP 600 G4. (HP 600G4 800G4 800G5 seems alike, these 3 can use the same EFI files)
CPU:i3 8100T
Graphic:UHD630 with 2*DP 1*HDMI using right DP port.
Monitor:Dell U2414H

Problem:
After booting into the system, graphic works well.
But when I turn off the monitor, then turn on.
The monitor inform that there is no signal.

Did anyone encounter this problem?

MB:HP 600 G4. (HP 600G4 800G4 800G5 seems alike, these 3 can use the same EFI files)
CPU:i3 8100T
Graphic:UHD630 with 2*DP 1*HDMI using right DP port.
Monitor:Dell U2414H

Problem:
After booting into the system, graphic works well.
But when I turn off the monitor, then turn on.
The monitor inform that there is no signal.

Did anyone encounter this problem?
Likely due to your DP to HDMI adapter. Try either using an active adapter or use a DP port on your monitor.
I think what is happening is that the adapter is powered by the monitor. If the monitor goes to sleep or is turned off then the adapter is powered off. When you power the monitor back on, the adapter can't sync with the DP port. I had similar issues with mine and have been avoiding the the HDMI adapter since. One thing I could do was to unplug and replug the adapter from the HP. Usually it brings the signal back.

Updated OC to 0.7.9 along with kexts (AppleALC, VirtualSMC, FeatureUnlock, WEG). No configuration change...

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 15.57.14.png

Last edited:
Likely due to your DP to HDMI adapter. Try either using an active adapter or use a DP port on your monitor.
I think what is happening is that the adapter is powered by the monitor. If the monitor goes to sleep or is turned off then the adapter is powered off. When you power the monitor back on, the adapter can't sync with the DP port. I had similar issues with mine and have been avoiding the the HDMI adapter since. One thing I could do was to unplug and replug the adapter from the HP. Usually it brings the signal back.
Both monitor and HP are using displayport with displayport cable.
I tried to unplug and replug the cable when monitor went black, but signal did not come back.

Update:
There is DP1.2 enable/disable option in monitor menu. With DP1.2 option enabled, signal comes back when I turn off and turn on the monitor.
Problem solved.:)

Last edited:
Attaching My 0.7.9 EFI if it helps anyone.

Attachments

• EFI079.zip
    46.4 MB · Views: 263
@rafale77 I see that you have conflicting USB current limit values in your USBX SSDT and your USBPorts.kext. I have the same values in mine (my SSDT and Kext USB current limits match each other). I'm curious about which takes precedence (the SSDT or the Kext). Would you mind posting your IORegistry (dumped with the attached IORegistryExplorer)? Thanks!

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    252.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Here you go.

By the way I have started on a new mini build with following components:
Lenovo P340 tiny, i9-10900, AMD WX4100, 64GBDDR4 3200, 2x2TB Hynix SSD
Same form factor. Will start a new thread on it. Should be fun...

Attachments

• MyMini.zip
    1 MB · Views: 72
@rafale77 Thanks! I will review. I noticed that your IORegistry shows that com_apple_driver_eficheck is loading:
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 5.49.15 PM.png

It looks like your EFICheckDisabler.kext or your RestrictEvents.kext is not loaded properly (depends on which one you use). See more about it here. I use EFICheckDisabler.kext in the EFIs attached here.

I'll review the IORegistry dump to see which USB current values take precedence (SSDT-USBX or USBPorts.kext). Thanks again.

@rafale77 Both sets of conflicting USB power properties appear in your IORegistry. I'd recommend making the properties the same in your USBX SSDT and USBPorts.kext. Your USBPorts.kext has the USB power properties from a real MacMini8,1 which are the properties I use in both my USBX and USBPorts.kext (in my EFI).

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 8.54.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 8.54.53 AM.png

Thanks @deeveedee, So I guess we don't know which one prevails? About the EFIcheckdisabler, I don't quite understand how it failed to work. I overwrote the kext which appear to be identical (according to the md5 check) and rebooted... and it worked again. This is a bit concerning.

Back