Contribute
Register

Monterey/Ventura on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Same here! Plus updated to the latest BIOS version. Works flawlessly :)
Is your EFI perfect, can I refer to it? thankyou

Good evening everyone, I bought back an 800 g5 mini with i5 9600 after selling the first one several months ago, I updated the ram with 32gb-Crucial Ballistix BL2K16G26C16S4B 2666 MHz but the pc only recognizes them at the speed of 2400 mhz, I looked in the bios the XMP profile without finding it, is there a way to make them recognized at the speed of 2666mhz?
I installed Monterey from scratch but I often get a popup that says: "Mismatch of the hashes of the...
A matching error was detected
of the hashes on volume disk1s5.
You need to reinstall macos
on the volume." after which it disconnects the bluetooth (at the moment I have the original intel) and I have to restart to restore it, I restarted from an old EFI that I had a few months ago updating it with OCAuxiliaryTools, could it have generated some error? I've never been a eagle with Opencore and the tool is very useful to me

Attachments

• Schermata 2023-05-22 alle 13.11.17.png
    Schermata 2023-05-22 alle 13.11.17.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 50
Good evening everyone, I bought back an 800 g5 mini with i5 9600 after selling the first one several months ago, I updated the ram with 32gb-Crucial Ballistix BL2K16G26C16S4B 2666 MHz but the pc only recognizes them at the speed of 2400 mhz, I looked in the bios the XMP profile without finding it, is there a way to make them recognized at the speed of 2666mhz?
I installed Monterey from scratch but I often get a popup that says: "Mismatch of the hashes of the...
A matching error was detected
of the hashes on volume disk1s5.
You need to reinstall macos
on the volume." after which it disconnects the bluetooth (at the moment I have the original intel) and I have to restart to restore it, I restarted from an old EFI that I had a few months ago updating it with OCAuxiliaryTools, could it have generated some error? I've never been a eagle with Opencore and the tool is very useful to me

Hi there.

How did you prepare the Monterey Installer? Which version / where from etc.?

My last message was deleted, did I break any rules?

Hi there.

How did you prepare the Monterey Installer? Which version / where from etc.?
downloaded with gibMacOS-master, the version I have at the moment is 12.6.5, prepared with this string "sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Key/"
Opencore 0.9.2

I recently bought an HP Elitedesk 800 G4 with i7 CPU, 32GB of RAM, 2TB of WD NVME SSD and decided to turn it into a Hackintosh primarily for backing up our family iPhones (Photos & Finder backups).

By following the OC tutorial and this thread, I had a successful installation with OC 0.9.3 + Ventura 13.5. Here's the EFI file (with the following data fields replaced with dummy data "USE_YOUR_OWN", pls refer to OC tutorial on how to generate those values):
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> MLB
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> ROM
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> SystemSerialNumber
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> SystemUUID

As many have pointed out. To have a successful installation it's crucial to have the correct USB mappings. I use the one from @rafale77 (page 2 on this thread).

Attachments

• EFI-0.9.3.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 228
Updated efi file for post 1 that includes a working USB map.
Anyone else able to test it on there's you will need to add all your serial information again.
Havent updated to the latest version of open core yet but will do over the next few weeks
This EFI is working good with Ventura 13.5.2 on my HP Elitedesk 800 G4 SFF (i7-8700/16GB DDR4-2666/Samsung PM1725a PCIe 1.6TB SSD) except 2xUSB 2.0(Front) and 2xUSB 3.0 (Rear) are not work. Display support two default DP ports and one option HDMI port. I don't have WiFi/BT card on it so far and just connect Ethernet. I don't know how to mapping non-working USB ports. But it's enough so far.
I also installed Win 11 Pro on same SSD for MacOS/Win 11 dual booting system.
Thanks for your EFI share.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 4.16.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 4.16.57 PM.png
    317.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 4.21.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 4.21.12 PM.png
    490.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Any one got any idea if the thunderbolt flex v2 card works in mac os as i have managed to source one just waiting on it being forwarded on to me.

I am running mac os ventura just now and now sonoma

Graphics Device Properties
  • 3xDP-to-DVI (default solution in EFIs attached to Post #1): 3 x DP -> DVI adapters. Audio over DP/HDMI is disabled with property No-hda-gfx to prevent kernel panic on wake. Provided by @deeveedee. See here and here and here for my work to determine these DeviceProperties.
  • 3xDP_NoHdaGfx: 3 x DP. Audio over DP is disabled with property No-hda-gfx. Provided by @cavesdev
  • 3xDP_NoHdaGfx-v2: 3 x DP. Audio over DP is disabled with property No-hda-gfx. Provided by @deeveedee . This is a simplified property list that needs testing. If you have 3xDP and do not want audio over DP, please test and post your test results. See background here.
  • 2xDP+1HDMI: 2 DP + 1 HDMI. Audio over DP / HDMI is ENABLED. Provided by @NeoNero
  • 3xDP: 3 DP. Audio over DP is ENABLED. Provided by @rafale77. See details here.

Jump to what addon card fit these machines - HP 800 Elite Desk G4 Flex I/O Cards

I WILL REPLACE THIS MESSAGE ONCE THE INSTALLER COMPLETES INSTALLING MONTEREY on my computer mentioned below. It's late, I downloaded an EFI folder from another post and updated it with serial number, etc, and it seems to be working to install. If it works, I'll update this message and remove the then irrelevant parts.

==============
Has anyone had luck with the HP Elite Desk 800 G4 SFF using the on board GPU, installing Monterey? I'm a bit confused with the "3xDP... " entries, is the front panel USB-C being recognized as the third "DP"? I've been installing MacOS on HP Elite Desks for a number of years now, running a few 8300, G1, G2, but am experiencing the installation going to black screen as has been mentioned by a few users. As added information, I am only wanting to install Monterey, no further at this time (I need it to support Logic Pro X latest version). Any hints on what I may try would be greatly appreciated. I am using DP to DVI cables/adaptors, should I be using a DP to HDMI instead?

Last edited:
Back