Contribute
Register

Monterey Public Beta on Asus X99 Deluxe II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was finally able to get the BT to work by disabling the USBInjectAll. Next step is to do a new USB mapping and this should get All USBs and BT to work.

** OpenCore 0.7.8 EFI for Asus X99 Deluxe II **
Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Also available from HackinDROM App

Please use OpenCore Configurator 2.56.0.0 or next version and ensure that it's set to
0.7.8 Development Configuration or 0.7.8 Release Configuration

When using OpenCore Configurator, ensure that only one EFI partition is mounted

Monterey - What Does Not Work:
  • Laird BT851 Bluetooth 5.0 USB dongle not working at this time.
  • If Monterey is installed on Samsung NVMe SSDs, boot time can increase by 60-100 seconds due to "trim" incompatibilty.
    • This can be addressed by cloning the Samsung NVMe SSD to another disk, erasing the Samsung NVMe SSD with Disk Utility, and cloning macOS back. Please be careful with this process if you decide to do it.
  • Crucial P2 NVMe SSDs (only P2 series) also suffer from trim issues in Monterey.

This update includes:
  • OpenCore 0.7.8
  • AppleALC 1.6.9
  • Lilu 1.6.0
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.7
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.7
  • AirportBrcmFixup 2.1.4

Reminder:
  • Copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo —> DataHub section of config.plist. These include:
    • System Product Name
    • System Serial Number
    • System UUID
    • MLB (Board Serial Number)
    • ROM
  • Radeon VII and Vega 56/64 users must disable or remove boot argument agdpmod=pikera.
  • If USB mouse/keyboard do not work in OpenCore Boot Picker, try unchecking OpenUsbKbDxe.efi in UEFI --> Drivers section of config.plist.
  • When performing a clean installation of Monterey, it may be necessary to set SecureBootModel to Disabled in Misc --> Security section of config.plist.

If downloading the attached file, please enter credentials in config.plist --> PlatformInfo --> DataHub before booting.

Catalina Users:

Please set SecureBootModel to Disabled.
Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.21.42 AM.png

Issues:
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 10.52.10 AM.png

Updates:
  • None yet

Attachments

• EFI-078-ASUS-X99-DELUXE-II.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 188
Last edited:
** Update to Latest OpenCore **

This post is so helpful! Thanks for the update!

12.1 update succeeded. In the end an usb hub that was working just fine with 12.0.1 seemed to be causing problems. 2 successful bootups after removal of the hub.

Has this issue popped back up for you, by chance? I am halting here with the 12.3 update, yet I have no USB devices even plugged in at this point.

Has this issue popped back up for you, by chance? I am halting here with the 12.3 update, yet I have no USB devices even plugged in at this point.
Unfortunately that post was too hasty. My boot problems reappeared a couple of reboots later. In fact, I tried to use the efi folder of CaseySJ unaltered. I am tinkering with that one now. Behavior is a little different now. Straight bootups seem seldom (none at all maybe). After the oc prompt I end up in a reboot loop which at some point ends and Mac OS starts up (better than complete lockup and having to press F1 the next boot). Bluetooth is dead. I haven’t yet figured out why. Probably the usb mapping as I am using a modded 2101 bios and I think Casey might employ the 1801 bios. I don‘t really get why he is using fakesmc and why his config lets me enable ehci handoff without causing havoc with the USB ports.

Unfortunately that post was too hasty. My boot problems reappeared a couple of reboots later. In fact, I tried to use the efi folder of CaseySJ unaltered. I am tinkering with that one now. Behavior is a little different now. Straight bootups seem seldom (none at all maybe). After the oc prompt I end up in a reboot loop which at some point ends and Mac OS starts up (better than complete lockup and having to press F1 the next boot). Bluetooth is dead. I haven’t yet figured out why. Probably the usb mapping as I am using a modded 2101 bios and I think Casey might employ the 1801 bios. I don‘t really get why he is using fakesmc and why his config lets me enable ehci handoff without causing havoc with the USB ports.

After a week of troubleshooting, I figured it out. It's the KGP FakeSMC implementation that's causing the stall. This afternoon I swapped for VirtualSMC just to test and was able to update no issue. I'll try swapping back to FakeSMC once the updates finish, but I was able to boot up the installer and the OS without issue with VirtualSMC.

The EFI folder in this thread contains KGP's special build of FakeSMC that provides many more sensors than VirtualSMC. However, it's perfectly okay to replace all of FakeSMC with VirtualSMC.

FakeSMC consists of 5 parts:
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • ACPISensors.kext
  • CPUSensors.kext
  • GPUSensors.kext
  • LPCSensors.kext

I wonder what may be causing the difference. 12.3 does not boot on my X99-DELUXE/U3.1 with FakeSMC, though 12.0.1 does. For those seeing the stall, I would recommend replacing FakeSMC with VirtualSMC to see if you have different results. See CaseySJ's reply amove and disable them in your config.plist, then add VirtualSMC and potentially its plugins to test. I am using SMCProcessor and SuperIO for Processor and Fan monitoring, respectively. They are absolutely night and day difference as far as sensors go, but if it leads to a bootable system, that might be a reasonable compromise.

The EFI folder in this thread contains KGP's special build of FakeSMC that provides many more sensors than VirtualSMC. However, it's perfectly okay to replace all of FakeSMC with VirtualSMC.

FakeSMC consists of 5 parts:
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • ACPISensors.kext
  • CPUSensors.kext
  • GPUSensors.kext
  • LPCSensors.kext
@CaseySJ , would you message me so I can ask you a video card question? I tried to go through "start a conversation", but there's some kind of error. I appreciate it, Thanks Johnm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back