Contribute
Register

Monterey Public Beta on Asus X99 Deluxe II

Status
Not open for further replies.
** OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI for Asus X99 Deluxe II **
Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

9 Sep 2021:
HackinDROM 2.0.0 Beta (click here) can be used to update to OpenCore 0.7.3.

This update includes:

1. OpenCore 0.7.3
2. AppleALC 1.6.4
3. Lilu 1.5.6
4. WhateverGreen 1.5.3
5. RestrictEvents 1.0.4

Changes to config.plist:
  • UEFI --> Drivers format has changed from simple array to dict. Please do not use OpenCore Configurator 2.48.1.0or earlier as it will corrupt the config.plist.
  • PlatformInfo --> UpdateSMBIOSMode has been changed from Create to Custom. Additionally, kernel quirk CustomSMBIOSGuid has been enabled. This allows Windows to use the computer name you specified. Thanks to @Ploddles for the tip.
Reminder:
  • Radeon VII users must disable boot argument agdpmod=pikera. Vega users may need to do the same.
If using OpenCore Configurator, please ensure it is set to 0.7.3 Release Version (not 0.7.3 Development Version).

Attachments

• EFI-073-ASUS-X99-DELUXE-II.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 125
I've transitioned my hand built EFI to this one (with tweaks) and I cannot believe how many sensors this copy of FakeSMC has... Unbelievable what I have been missing!

Additionally - previously, I was using CpuTscSync.kext for my Xeon E5-2697v3, but this calls for TscAdjustReset (with mod to 27 to accommodate different CPU) - is there a difference? OC guide calls for VoodooTSCSync for X99 hardware, CpuTscSync for laptop? hardware, and TscAdjustReset for X299. What is actually best?

I've transitioned my hand built EFI to this one (with tweaks) and I cannot believe how many sensors this copy of FakeSMC has... Unbelievable what I have been missing!
The credit for that belongs to KGP, who created the definitive guide for Asus X99.

Additionally - previously, I was using CpuTscSync.kext for my Xeon E5-2697v3, but this calls for TscAdjustReset (with mod to 27 to accommodate different CPU) - is there a difference? OC guide calls for VoodooTSCSync for X99 hardware, CpuTscSync for laptop? hardware, and TscAdjustReset for X299. What is actually best?
Good point. We've been using TscAdjustReset ever since KGP's guide was published on TonyMac. I just switched to CpuTscSync (CPU Time Stamp Counter Sync) and it works quite well -- in fact, my Asus X99 Deluxe II is finally able to wake from sleep. Will switch to this kext with OpenCore 0.7.4 that is due out next week.

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 3.17.55 PM.png

The credit for that belongs to KGP, who created the definitive guide for Asus X99.

Good point. We've been using TscAdjustReset ever since KGP's guide was published on TonyMac. I just switched to CpuTscSync (CPU Time Stamp Counter Sync) and it works quite well -- in fact, my Asus X99 Deluxe II is finally able to wake from sleep. Will switch to this kext with OpenCore 0.7.4 that is due out next week.
Thank you - I made that realization shortly after posting yesterday and have swapped as well. I have an Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1 and the board is nearly identical to the Deluxe II this was written for. I hope I can continue to test and assist to keep our towers running well for years to come.

** OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI for Asus X99 Deluxe II **

HackinDROM 2.0.0 Beta (click here) can be used to update to OpenCore 0.7.4.

This update includes:

1. OpenCore 0.7.4
2. AppleALC 1.6.5
3. CpuTscSync 1.0.5
4. WhateverGreen 1.5.4
5. RestrictEvents 1.0.5

Changes to config.plist:
  • CpuTscSync.kext replaces the older TscAdjustReset.kext. Its use allows sleep and wake to occur normally.
  • AdviseFeatures (PlatformInfo --> DataHub) has been checked on to provide better support for Windows and Monterey.
  • SecureBootModel (Misc --> Security) has been set to Default because OpenCore 0.7.4 handles this properly by both System Product Name and macOS version.
Reminder:
  • Radeon VII users must disable boot argument agdpmod=pikera. Vega users may need to do the same.
If using OpenCore Configurator, please ensure it is set to 0.7.4 Development or Release Version.

If downloading the attached file, please enter credentials in config.plist --> PlatformInfo --> DataHub before booting.

Optional: To enlarge icon and font sizes in OpenCanopy Picker:
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 7.26.41 AM.png

Updates:
  • 10 Oct 2021: Revised config.plist to remove duplicate OpenUsbKbDxe.efi entry.
  • 11 Oct 2021: Replaced the ACPI folder with modified SSDTs to allow Windows to boot properly.

Attachments

• EFI-074-ASUS-X99-DELUXE-II.zip
    7 MB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Unsure if there are others with the Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1, but the only difference appears to be small changes in the USB port layout. My system does *not* utilize the add-in USB 3.1 card that comes with this board. The attached table fixes the "Internal" layout flag for the Bluetooth controller and converts any Type-C ports to USB 3.0, as there are no Type-C ports present on the Deluxe/U3.1.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 64
Unsure if there are others with the Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1, but the only difference appears to be small changes in the USB port layout. My system does *not* utilize the add-in USB 3.1 card that comes with this board. The attached table fixes the "Internal" layout flag for the Bluetooth controller and converts any Type-C ports to USB 3.0, as there are no Type-C ports present on the Deluxe/U3.1.
My Asus X99 Deluxe II is now a Golden Build because everything works. The last holdout was sleep/wake, which was fixed after you brought up the subject of replacing TscAdjustReset! It's great to see X99 running Monterey...

** OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI for Asus X99 Deluxe II **

HackinDROM 2.0.0 Beta (click here) can be used to update to OpenCore 0.7.4.

This update includes:

1. OpenCore 0.7.4
2. AppleALC 1.6.5
3. CpuTscSync 1.0.5
4. WhateverGreen 1.5.4
5. RestrictEvents 1.0.5

Changes to config.plist:
  • CpuTscSync.kext replaces the older TscAdjustReset.kext. Its use allows sleep and wake to occur normally.
  • AdviseFeatures (PlatformInfo --> DataHub) has been checked on to provide better support for Windows and Monterey.
  • SecureBootModel (Misc --> Security) has been set to Default because OpenCore 0.7.4 handles this properly by both System Product Name and macOS version.
Reminder:
If using OpenCore Configurator, please ensure it is set to 0.7.4 Development or Release Version.

If downloading the attached file, please enter credentials in config.plist --> PlatformInfo --> DataHub before booting.

Optional: To enlarge icon and font sizes in OpenCanopy Picker:
View attachment 530258
Hello!
Thank you for your work!
i tried to use your efi on my hackintosh:
Asus Deluse II (bios unlocked),5930,rx580.
Only one thing that i changed is Cpuid1Data (for my CPU)
But the wake after sleep do not work. Black screen.
Do i need to change smth. else?
Thanks!

Hello!
Thank you for your work!
i tried to use your efi on my hackintosh:
Asus Deluse II (bios unlocked),5930,rx580.
Only one thing that i changed is Cpuid1Data (for my CPU)
But the wake after sleep do not work. Black screen.
Do i need to change smth. else?
Thanks!
Hello @romanbas,

Three things to check first:
  • System Preferences --> Energy Saver --> Wake for network access --> disabled
  • CpuTscSync.kext --> enabled
  • TscAdjustReset.kext --> disabled
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 1.21.17 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back