Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just managed to install Monterey Public Beta on my Asus X99 Deluxe II -- after nearly 5 hours of tinkering.

Some lessons learned:
  • Best to upgrade to OpenCore 0.7.1 and latest Kexts.
  • Turn off Bluetooth in BIOS (there is an option that just enables or disables Bluetooth).
    • This took a while to figure out.
    • Update 6 July 2021: We can use Bluetooth! The latest EFI (see Post #7 below) contains a new kext that allows Bluetooth to work.
  • Remove all previously used kernel patches from OpenCore's Kernel --> Patch section and just enable the AppleXcpmExtraMsrs kernel quirk.
  • Set SecureBootModel to Disabled (not Default).
  • Set LauncherOption to Disabled (from Miscellaneous --> Boot section of config.plist).
    • Then reboot and Reset NVRAM before starting the upgrade (very important)
    • Then boot back into current macOS (Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur)
    • Now begin the upgrade

What doesn't work:
  • Intel i211 Ethernet port driven by SmallTreeIntel82576 does not connect
  • On-board audio (Realtek ALC-1150)
  • Will enable Bluetooth shortly and see if system can (a) boot and (b) Bluetooth can connect
  • UPDATE:
    • Built-in Bluetooth is not compatible with Monterey.
    • Laird BT851 Bluetooth 5.0 USB dongle also seems to have some trouble, but needs more testing.
    • I have an extra Fenvi FV-T919 that I may need to install.
Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 7.37.34 PM.png

Last edited:
Supporting threads for Asus X99 Deluxe II:
Attached is the OpenCore 0.7.1 Pre-Release EFI that works with Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey. The BIOS referenced in the first bullet above is required.

Monterey Users: Bluetooth must be disabled in BIOS.

Please enter serial number, system UUID, board serial number, and ROM into PlatformInfo --> DataHub prior to using.

Attachments

• EFI-OC-071-PRE-ASUS-X99-DELUXE-II-CFG-UNLOCKED.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 440
Last edited:
You are always on duty !
Even tough it's a little bit off topic, may I ask you if you have a relevant working EFI on Catalina with ASUS Prime X299-A?
I have been struggling a lot for a friend who is not expert on Hackintosh. None of the TonyMacx86 topics are so far really helpful, and as I don't have the machine with me I can't really help.
Thanks !

You are always on duty !
Even tough it's a little bit off topic, may I ask you if you have a relevant working EFI on Catalina with ASUS Prime X299-A?
I have been struggling a lot for a friend who is not expert on Hackintosh. None of the TonyMacx86 topics are so far really helpful, and as I don't have the machine with me I can't really help.
Thanks !
@pieropontra has (or had) an Asus Prime X299-A running Big Sur. Please have a look at this thread:

You are always on duty !
Thanks !

@pieropontra has (or had) an Asus Prime X299-A running Big Sur. Please have a look at this thread:

You can also check my github. I have a prebuilt EFI that should be compatible with all ASUS X299 motherboards if you follow the configuration and bios steps outlined.

Supporting threads for Asus X99 Deluxe II:
Attached is the OpenCore 0.7.1 Pre-Release EFI that works with Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey. The BIOS referenced in the first bullet above is required.

Monterey Users: Bluetooth must be disabled in BIOS.

Please enter serial number, system UUID, board serial number, and ROM into PlatformInfo --> DataHub prior to using.
And here is the OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI with today's official builds. It has been updated with BlueToolFixup.kext to enable Bluetooth in Monterey. No need to disable Bluetooth in BIOS now!!

Attachments

• EFI-OC-071-ASUS-X99-DELUXE-II.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Can confirm that BlueToolFixup works.
Anyone had a weird bug where on boot I get a black screen then have to turn the monitor on and off to see the screen

Any tips on getting nvme working in 12.0 with the above ? I even downloaded the new ktext without any love

Any tips on getting nvme working in 12.0 with the above ? I even downloaded the new ktext without any love
My NVMe SSD is working normally in Monterey on the Asus X99 Deluxe II. Some makes/models might have compatibility problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back