Contribute
Register

Monterey Public Beta on Asus X99 Deluxe II

Status
Not open for further replies.
CaseySJ, would you message me so I can ask you a video card question? I tried to go through "start a conversation", but there's some kind of error. I appreciate it, Thanks Johnm
Feel free to post your question here.

Thanks @CaseySJ, I have my very old x99 that has suited me just fine all these years. My RX480 also has served me well thanks to vit6969. Now I'm back to dual boot as I've picked up Oculus Quest 2 for VR enjoyment, but RX480 is wholly inadequate. I had a 6700xt that I bought before checking out that it's not going to be supported. Figures right? Anyway, I sent it back. The 6700XT was pretty good in the clocks but I didn't try any heavy gaming, as I'm new to gaming. I understand that these RX6000 cards are pcie4 and have 16gbs-32gbs total bandwidth back and forth as opposed to my x99 only having 16GB total. I don't intend to be gaming any high level, or getting a pcie4 board and cpu. Since you have been through almost all the RX gpus, can you give me some advice on whether you thing the 16gb pcie3 threshold is going to be a waste to get a 6800xt, like you have? Thanks for reading this long post. I have tried to research since my 6700xt blunder, and it seems that if I have a 12+ gb ram gpu that in lower level gaming it may not be as bad of a bottleneck using the pcie3. Any info appreciated. Take care, Johnm

I have tried to research since my 6700xt blunder, and it seems that if I have a 12+ gb ram gpu that in lower level gaming it may not be as bad of a bottleneck using the pcie3. Any info appreciated. Take care, Johnm
Your biggest bottleneck here for VR is going to be CPU unless you are OC'd on you 6800K. There is almost no performance hit going from PCIe 4.0 to 3.0 - maybe 5-8% - but your CPU performance vs. something like 12th Gen would be significant.

Thanks alot!. I appreciate it. I'm seeing these prices come down, so I may jump. Maybe I could get a 12th gen next year. Take care!

Is native NVRAM working on your board? @CaseySJ

I'm using your EFI with a few minor changes in Big Sur. Thanks! I haven't used this build in a long time and could have sworn I had native NVRAM support under Clover, but I definitely don't now. I am able to add emulated NVRAM via OC's logouthook, but just curious.

Last edited:
Is native NVRAM working on your board? @CaseySJ

I'm using your EFI with a few minor changes in Big Sur. Thanks! I haven't used this build in a long time and could have sworn I had native NVRAM support under Clover, but I definitely don't now. I am able to add emulated NVRAM via OC's logouthook, but just curious.
Native NVRAM is indeed working. I’m using a modified BIOS with CFG-Lock disabled, posted here:

For those like me with Samsung SSD boot delays, latest OpenCore has a new quirk "SetAPFSTrimTimeout" to "work around" the issue by disabling TRIM. Boot times for me are back in the 5-8 second range. Please give it a read - there are some side effects of disabling TRIM on SSDs.

Does anyone have an EFI for and X99 Deluxe (NOT II) Haswell-E that would work for Monterey or at least Catalina? Preferably Opencore.

It would be much appreciated!!

Does anyone have an EFI for and X99 Deluxe (NOT II) Haswell-E that would work for Monterey or at least Catalina? Preferably Opencore.

It would be much appreciated!!

This EFI should work with a few tweaks. I am on an Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1 and based my current EFI off this one. Biggest change is a manual re-map of USB ports. You can read about how to do this in the Dortania guide if you're not familiar with it. Ensure you perform the necessary BIOS mods to disable CFG lock, etc.

This EFI should work with a few tweaks. I am on an Asus X99 Deluxe/U3.1 and based my current EFI off this one. Biggest change is a manual re-map of USB ports. You can read about how to do this in the Dortania guide if you're not familiar with it. Ensure you perform the necessary BIOS mods to disable CFG lock, etc.
Sweet! I don't see an attachment so I imagine you mean the EFi on page one? I am familiar with USB re-mapping so that's no problem

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back