Contribute
Register

Monterey Public Beta on Asus X99 Deluxe II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm this problem. However I am currently using my own config file. Ocvalidate did find some problems with my config, I still need to check. I don‘t think they are causing my update problems, though. It would be interesting to know if someone managed to update.

I can confirm this problem. However I am currently using my own config file. Ocvalidate did find some problems with my config, I still need to check. I don‘t think they are causing my update problems, though. It would be interesting to know if someone managed to update.
I'm using my own config as well, so this probably something related to Deluxe II only. I will try to play with configurations later next week, I hope to find the issue.

Hi Casey, before a very Huge thanks for you help and contribution.
I used your efi but i have no usb 3 on my x299 deluxe II Monterey 12.1
Do you have a idea ?
Thanks in advance and happy New year

@banguit unfortunetly still nothing, let me know if you get something

thanx 1000 for your precious work casey

** OpenCore 0.7.7 EFI for Asus X99 Deluxe II **
Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

Also available from HackinDROM

Please use OpenCore Configurator 2.56.0.0 and ensure that it's set to
0.7.7 Release Version

When using OpenCore Configurator, ensure that only one EFI partition is mounted

Monterey - What Does Not Work:
  • Laird BT851 Bluetooth 5.0 USB dongle not working at this time.
  • If Monterey is installed on Samsung NVMe SSDs, boot time can increase by 60-100 seconds due to "trim" incompatibilty.
    • This can be addressed by cloning the Samsung NVMe SSD to another disk, erasing the Samsung NVMe SSD with Disk Utility, and cloning macOS back. Please be careful with this process if you decide to do it.
  • Crucial P2 NVMe SSDs (only P2 series) also suffer from trim issues in Monterey.

This update includes:
  • OpenCore 0.7.7
  • AppleALC 1.6.8
  • Lilu 1.5.9
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.6
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.6

Reminder:
  • Copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo —> DataHub section of config.plist. These include:
    • System Product Name
    • System Serial Number
    • System UUID
    • MLB (Board Serial Number)
    • ROM
  • Radeon VII and Vega 56/64 users must disable or remove boot argument agdpmod=pikera.
  • If USB mouse/keyboard do not work in OpenCore Boot Picker, try unchecking OpenUsbKbDxe.efi in UEFI --> Drivers section of config.plist.
  • When performing a clean installation of Monterey, it may be necessary to set SecureBootModel to Disabled in Misc --> Security section of config.plist.

If downloading the attached file, please enter credentials in config.plist --> PlatformInfo --> DataHub before booting.

Catalina Users:

Please set SecureBootModel to Disabled.
Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 5.21.42 AM.png

Issues:
Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 10.52.10 AM.png

Updates:
  • 14 Jan 2022: Initial version.

Attachments

• EFI-077-ASUS-X99-DELUXE-II.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Long time no see guys :)
I'm trying to update my old machines, switching from old @kgp clover to oc, X99 Deluxe II with 6900K
@CaseySJ my boot stuck at virtual bool IONVMeController::start......
no idea what does it mean, strongly appreciate any help, thank you
View attachment 537440
Please see if these posts help:
  • BIOS with CFG-Lock disabled:
  • BIOS configuration screenshots:

12.1 update succeeded. In the end an usb hub that was working just fine with 12.0.1 seemed to be causing problems. 2 successful bootups after removal of the hub.

A bit of info from some testing I did over the past month.

Previously, we've always disabled Intel SpeedStep in the BIOS due to it causing issues in the past, but I have run my system with this enabled for the past few weeks and have noticed power savings due to this feature allowing unused cores to idle down to 1.2GHz when not in use.

I can still sleep, and though my Geekbench score seems to have gone down a bit, I've noticed no noticeable loss in performance on a day to day computing basis and my system power draw on the CPU has gone down from 60W at idle to just 42W at idle on my E5-2697v3. May be something to look into if you are not using your system for rendering, etc. on a regular basis.

Hi CaseSJ,
Thanks for compiling all that! I was surprised to be able to do fresh install of Monterey on X99 A II (unlike Big Sur). Using your EFI folder the install was plain and simple. However the post-install is where I spend an entire day and in the end it got me nowhere.

I could not get the bluetooth to work. Im using the OSXWIFI and after countless tries I assumed its not supported yet and gave up. But then I accidentally booted Monterey from the BigSur OpenCore (0.6.3) and the Bluetooth worked. soooo IDK, any idea what might be causing the bluetooth not to work?

I guess I could continue using my EFI but sometimes is unreliable at boot. It will hang once or twice. And sleep is not working, but everything else is fine.

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 12.02.29 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI 6.0.3.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back