Contribute
Register

Monterey Public Beta on Asus X99 Deluxe II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but I am having the 'circle of death' issue PRE installation using USBInjectAll with ANY USB 3.0 port

Do you have another version of macOS running somewhere else - a real Mac? Or on Windows?

We have no indication of how you are editing your config.plist, as you told us earlier you were using a pre-built X99 EFI from this thread - not an X299.

The references to X299 in this thread are minimal:

One a member states that they can't get USB3 to work with the X299, post #53

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/monterey-public-beta-on-asus-x99-deluxe-ii.314207/post-2299729

and... with @CaseySJ offering a link to another thread for help:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/monterey-public-beta-on-asus-x99-deluxe-ii.314207/post-2261790

Search is always your friend here.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. This update is as for my old build that a friend now owns.

I got it rocking!

First, USB mapping was imperative to use anything other than a 2.0 port. Luckily, I was able to do that on the High Sierra/Clover partition that was already working. Once I did that, I was able to install via a 3.0 port.

I really thought USBInjectAll and/or XHCIPortLimit would have enabled me to at least get to the installer without mapping, but that was not the case.

Thanks everyone for the help!

@CaseySJ , will you update your X99 Asus Deluxe II system to Ventura?
I tried to do this without success.

@CaseySJ , will you update your X99 Asus Deluxe II system to Ventura?
I tried to do this without success.
Hello @romanbas,

Although I have retired my Asus X99 Deluxe II, I can try to help you with Ventura. Feel free to remove serial numbers and post your EFI folder. I may post a new OpenCore 0.8.3 folder for this system soon.

** OpenCore 0.8.3 for Asus X99 Deluxe II **
Please do not quote this guide in its entirety. Post a link or excerpt instead

Supports macOS Ventura (theoretically)​

This EFI folder has not been tested because my Asus X99 Deluxe II has been retired. Therefore, please backup your existing EFI folder or install this EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive to confirm that it works.

As always, copy serial numbers to PlatformInfo --> DataHub before use.

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 5.22.22 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI-083-ASUS-X99-DELUXE-II.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 163
I confirm that the 0.8.3 EFI setup above, and my own EFI setup, work to boot my existing installation of BigSur, but neither my own EFI partition, nor the 0.8.3 version from post #95 will boot into Monterey for me. A USB stick with Monterey won't boot and neither will my NVME SSD with the Monterey install partition. Same issue on both, it hangs waiting for a boot device.

Stuff I tried:
* Official bios, AppleCpuPmCfgLock=true, AppleXcpmCfgLock=false, AppleXcpmExtraMsrs=true
* Using unlocked bios, currently on the 2101 unlocked BIOS from #16. AppleCpuPmCfgLock=false, AppleXcpmCfgLock=true, AppleXcpmExtraMsrs=true
* All bios settings from the screenshots other thread.
* Booting with EFI on USB or from SSD.
* Booting with/without bluetooth and the two LAN/NICs enabled. (Note that to re-enable the second NIC I had to reset the bios completely as the BIOS crashed when you try and re-enable it!)
* With USBInjectAll enabled + XhciPortLimit=true.
* With USBInjectAll disabled + XhciPortLimit=false + USBMap.kext (created via the BigSur installation)
* With/Without resetting the NVRam prior to starting the Monterey installer.
* With VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC

Always the same issue:
Code:
localhost kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

It shows that line, then maybe one or two apparently unrelated messages after that. Spent about 7 hours or so on this today with no joy, really could do with some assistance or suggestions.

Moderators: I tried to post this twice, I have updated my signature, I'm no-longer using my old Gigabyte motherboard and have been happily running BigSur for a year or so on my ASUS X99 Deluxe II (which is not in the list of X99 boards btw..)

I confirm that the 0.8.3 EFI setup above, and my own EFI setup, work to boot my existing installation of BigSur, but neither my own EFI partition, nor the 0.8.3 version from post #95 will boot into Monterey for me. A USB stick with Monterey won't boot and neither will my NVME SSD with the Monterey install partition. Same issue on both, it hangs waiting for a boot device.

Stuff I tried:
* Official bios, AppleCpuPmCfgLock=true, AppleXcpmCfgLock=false, AppleXcpmExtraMsrs=true
* Using unlocked bios, currently on the 2101 unlocked BIOS from #16. AppleCpuPmCfgLock=false, AppleXcpmCfgLock=true, AppleXcpmExtraMsrs=true
* All bios settings from the screenshots other thread.
* Booting with EFI on USB or from SSD.
* Booting with/without bluetooth and the two LAN/NICs enabled. (Note that to re-enable the second NIC I had to reset the bios completely as the BIOS crashed when you try and re-enable it!)
* With USBInjectAll enabled + XhciPortLimit=true.
* With USBInjectAll disabled + XhciPortLimit=false + USBMap.kext (created via the BigSur installation)
* With/Without resetting the NVRam prior to starting the Monterey installer.
* With VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC

Always the same issue:
Code:
localhost kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

It shows that line, then maybe one or two apparently unrelated messages after that. Spent about 7 hours or so on this today with no joy, really could do with some assistance or suggestions.

Moderators: I tried to post this twice, I have updated my signature, I'm no-longer using my old Gigabyte motherboard and have been happily running BigSur for a year or so on my ASUS X99 Deluxe II (which is not in the list of X99 boards btw..)
Hi @hydrasworld,

I have had a look at your EFI and I think I know what issues it could be.
Please try the updated EFI.

I believe it is an issue mainly with the AMD graphics card. Device properties were missing for it so I have added those in including the correct device-id for your card.

I have also enabled the correct version of the AirportBrcmFixup.kext for Monterey and also added the following to the NVRAM section - -lilubetaall -no_compat_check amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 and removed npci=0x2000.
I would advise to use SMBIOS MacPro7,1. for your AMD DGPU card.

Check first to see if it works. If problems persist you may have to a) reduce your loaded kexts down to bare minimum of Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC and VirtualSMC b) plus reduce SSDTs loaded to only SSDT-EC-USBX, SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA & SSDT-USBW.aml or c) resort to a Skylake-based or alternative X99 EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 118
I am using the EFI of CaseySJ. I downgraded form patched bios 2102, which I had been using before, to patched bios 1802. I've done lots of oc updates with HackinDROM. For me everything (12.5.1) is working fine, including sleep and bluetooth - unless I enable wifi. Doing so will result in reboot loops. Eventually the system will boot up fine but it takes quite a long time. Therefore I disabled wifi, which is the less harmful for me. I tried to use the offsets for brcmfixup to no avail. At the moment I've given up on wifi. Might try once more when Ventura is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back