Contribute
Register

Monterey/Ventura on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

OC 0.7.7 just got released along with updated lilu/weg/FeatureUnlock/AppleALC kexts. This release seems to be very focused on audio support and kext updates should not affect our machines according to the release notes.
I am updating anyway and will report back.

Edit:

Working all fine...

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 15.35.41.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-11 at 15.35.56.png

Last edited:
I haven't updated the EFI to OC0.7.7 on this HackMini8,1, but I have updated to OC 0.7.7 on my HackBookPro15,2. For those who still perform their OC update manually, here are the changes that I needed to make to my HackBookPro15,2 EFI to update from OC 0.7.6 to OC 0.7.7.

Updating to OC 0.7.7 from OC 0.7.6
EFI/BOOT: Update BOOTx64.efi
EFI/OC: Update OpenCore.efi
EFI/OC/Drivers: Update OpenRuntime.efi
EFI/OC/Kexts:
- Update Lilu.kext 1.5.8 -> 1.5.9
- Update AppleALC.kext 1.6.7 -> 1.6.8
- Update WhateverGreen.kext 1.5.5 -> 1.5.6
EFI/OC/Tools: Update tools
EFI/OC/config.plist:
- Add UEFI > AppleInput > PointerPollMask (Integer, -1)
- Add UEFI > AppleInput > PointerPollMax (Integer, 80)
- Add UEFI > AppleInput > PointerPollMin (Integer, 10)
- Add UEFI > Audio > AudioOutMask (Integer, 1)
- Remove UEFI > Audio > AudioOut
- Add UEFI > Audio > DisconnectHda (Boolean, False)
- Add UEFI > Audio > MaximumGain (Integer, -15)
- Add UEFI > Audio > MinimumAssistGain (Integer, -30)
- Add UEFI > Audio > MinimumAudibleGain (Integer -55)
- Remove UEFI > Audio > MinimumVolume
- Remove UEFI > Audio > VolumeAmplifier

Last edited:
I haven't updated the EFI to OC0.7.7 on this HackMini8,1, but I have updated to OC 0.7.7 on my HackBookPro15,2. For those who still perform their OC update manually, here are the changes that I needed to make to my HackBookPro15,2 EFI to update from OC 0.7.6 to OC 0.7.7.

Updating to OC 0.7.7 from OC 0.7.6
EFI/BOOT: Update BOOTx64.efi
EFI/OC: Update OpenCore.efi
EFI/OC/Drivers: Update OpenRuntime.efi
EFI/OC/Kexts:
- Update Lilu.kext 1.5.8 -> 1.5.9
- Update AppleALC.kext 1.6.7 -> 1.6.8
- Update WhateverGreen.kext 1.5.5 -> 1.5.6
EFI/OC/Tools: Update tools
EFI/OC/config.plist:
- Add UEFI > AppleInput > PointerPollMask (Integer, -1)
- Add UEFI > AppleInput > PointerPollMax (Integer, 80)
- Add UEFI > AppleInput > PointerPollMin (Integer, 10)
- Add UEFI > Audio > AudioOutMask (Integer, 1)
- Remove UEFI > Audio > AudioOut
- Add UEFI > Audio > DisconnectHda (Boolean, False)
- Add UEFI > Audio > MaximumGain (Integer, -15)
- Add UEFI > Audio > MinimumAssistGain (Integer, -30)
- Add UEFI > Audio > MinimumAudibleGain (Integer -55)
- Remove UEFI > Audio > MinimumVolume
- Remove UEFI > Audio > VolumeAmplifier

Probably want to add
EFI/OC/Drivers: Update AudioDXE.efi

This file significantly changed from 0.7.6.
The UEFI additions are optional since they all have a default value ("Failsafe" values per the documentation). It's better to have them though.
The UEFI removal are must do since these entries are not recognized and will prompt an error from OC at boot.

Edit: Attached my 0.7.7 EFI.

Attachments

• EFI0.7.7.zip
    67.3 MB · Views: 198
Last edited:
@rafale77 Thank you for posting your EFI. Here are a few things I noticed in your config.plist:

Two USBX devices are enabled in your ACPI. I'm not sure which of the two is loaded in your IORegistry, but one USBX device is probably failing to load. You can eliminate the second USBX by replacing SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml (Dortania's) with the SSDT-EC posted in one of the EFIs here.

The _DSM->XDSM ACPI patch may cause problems with Windows (if booting Windows with OC). You can safely disable ACPI patch _DSM -> XDSM.

The EC0->EC rename ACPI patch is causing you to have two different EC Devices in your ACPI patches (the renamed EC0->EC and the EC device in your SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml). Since OC performs the rename first (EC0->EC), I imagine that your second EC add is failing or is conditionally disabled by Dortania's logic? You can safely disable the EC0->EC ACPI patch (keep the fake EC you're injecting).

The RTC and TIMR IRQ ACPI patches are no longer necessary when you are disabling HPET (disabled with SSDT-AWAC-HPET.aml). The RTC and TIMR IRQ patches should be harmless, but unnecessary if you want to trim your config.plist.

BTW: I tried to send this info to you as a PM, but received the following error. I'm not sure why my account doesn't have permission to send a PM.

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 3.47.10 PM.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure why my account doesn't have permission to send a PM.
PM feature has been disabled because of misuse.

The rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private conversations. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

@P1LGRIM Good to know. I didn't realize that I was misusing the feature.

Last edited:
@rafale77 Thank you for posting your EFI. Here are a few things I noticed in your config.plist:

Two USBX devices are enabled in your ACPI. I'm not sure which of the two is loaded in your IORegistry, but one USBX device is probably failing to load. You can eliminate the second USBX by replacing SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml (Dortania's) with the SSDT-EC posted in one of the EFIs here.

The _DSM->XDSM ACPI patch may cause problems with Windows (if booting Windows with OC). You can safely disable ACPI patch _DSM -> XDSM.

The EC0->EC rename ACPI patch is causing you to have two different EC Devices in your ACPI patches (the renamed EC0->EC and the EC device in your SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml). Since OC performs the rename first (EC0->EC), I imagine that your second EC add is failing or is conditionally disabled by Dortania's logic? You can safely disable the EC0->EC ACPI patch (keep the fake EC you're injecting).

The RTC and TIMR IRQ ACPI patches are no longer necessary when you are disabling HPET (disabled with SSDT-AWAC-HPET.aml). The RTC and TIMR IRQ patches should be harmless, but unnecessary if you want to trim your config.plist.

BTW: I tried to send this info to you as a PM, but received the following error. I'm not sure why my account doesn't have permission to send a PM.

View attachment 539084
Thank you for taking a look at it. It seems indeed that I messed a few things up.
The two USBX was a leftover from a test I ran comparing your EFI and what OC config was offering... oops
The patches seem to be indeed either redundant or unnecessary and could use a cleanup.

Edit: Re-uploaded the cleaned up EFI in my previous post.

Last edited:
@rafale77 Take a look at your ACPI patches. You'll see that _OSI->XOSI is now accidentally deleted (which means that the SSDT-XOSI.aml patch doesn't work). You'll want to restore the _OSI->XOSI patch if you still want to enable SSDT-XOSI. Also - the Dortania SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP has a ton of conditional junk that we don't need. Doesn't hurt anything - just mentioning it.

@rafale77 Take a look at your ACPI patches. You'll see that _OSI->XOSI is now accidentally deleted (which means that the SSDT-XOSI.aml patch doesn't work). You'll want to restore the _OSI->XOSI patch if you still want to enable SSDT-XOSI. Also - the Dortania SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP has a ton of conditional junk that we don't need. Doesn't hurt anything - just mentioning it.

Thanks, I deleted it without thinking much about it since I am not dual booting. I've put it back. The use of the dortania SSDT appears to allow me to not add an EC rename patch though, correct? If I go back to use the SSDT you have in yours, I would need an EC rename patch or my machine will hang during boot.

I have done further cleanup of my config.plist, by removing patches which are disabled and added mouse pointer support to the OC menu... working very nicely at the moment.

Back