Contribute
Register

Monterey/Ventura on HP EliteDesk 800 G4/G5 Mini - The Perfect MacMini8,1 Hackintosh - OpenCore

Hoping to build directly on what others have done here vs have to start entirely from scratch and suffer through all the unknowns like my last build (although it's been ROCK solid the last 3yrs). Have a HP Elitedesk 800 G3 32Gb DDR4 w/1Tb M2 - really hoping the built-in Intel BT/Wifi works with Ventura and the latest OC. Thanks for sharing the EFI!

Last edited:
I have found some drivers for the mac sonoma for the wifi card the one I have however I am not sure how to implement them in to the open core folder
the kexts go into your kext folder and then you add the kexts in your config.plist, just like your other kexts

Thanks i will have to try that

I have ordered a intel AX210 wifi card to work with sonoma.

The Broadcom cards work fine up until Ventura. However since I have updated to open core 9.8 I think I have done something screwy with my wifi and ethernet as the Ethernet port no longer works and the wifi works but no Bluetooth and no I message, facetime or airdrop etc

Any advise or would you like me to post my open core efi folders?

I recently bought an HP Elitedesk 800 G4 with i7 CPU, 32GB of RAM, 2TB of WD NVME SSD and decided to turn it into a Hackintosh primarily for backing up our family iPhones (Photos & Finder backups).

By following the OC tutorial and this thread, I had a successful installation with OC 0.9.3 + Ventura 13.5. Here's the EFI file (with the following data fields replaced with dummy data "USE_YOUR_OWN", pls refer to OC tutorial on how to generate those values):
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> MLB
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> ROM
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> SystemSerialNumber
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> SystemUUID

As many have pointed out. To have a successful installation it's crucial to have the correct USB mappings. I use the one from @rafale77 (page 2 on this thread).

Is yours a MINI? Which Bluetooth and Wifi hardware do you have? Mine has Intel for both (HP Elitedesk 800 G3 MINI w/i7 CPU) and trying to find out what I need to do to configure both.

Last edited:
I recently bought an HP Elitedesk 800 G4 with i7 CPU, 32GB of RAM, 2TB of WD NVME SSD and decided to turn it into a Hackintosh primarily for backing up our family iPhones (Photos & Finder backups).

By following the OC tutorial and this thread, I had a successful installation with OC 0.9.3 + Ventura 13.5. Here's the EFI file (with the following data fields replaced with dummy data "USE_YOUR_OWN", pls refer to OC tutorial on how to generate those values):
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> MLB
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> ROM
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> SystemSerialNumber
PlatformInfo -> Generic -> SystemUUID

As many have pointed out. To have a successful installation it's crucial to have the correct USB mappings. I use the one from @rafale77 (page 2 on this thread).

Does your Intel BT / WiFi work ok?

i have tested and got working intel ax210 WiFi + bt (no imessage,facetime, airdrop) under ventura will update to sonoma soon as this is the next card to use if you want wifi in sonoma.

If you want imessage,facetime, airdrop stick to ventura and broadcom card

Update interestingly: - i have Ethernet enabled on the sonoma and facetime/imessage works with that enabled

Last edited:
I have found some 3d printed hard drive caddy variants that those with a 3d printer could try.

I still have not found a easy way to incorporate the fan that comes with the original caddy in to these yet

Attachments

• HP mini drive caddy v3.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 1
  • Hp mini drive caddy v1.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • HPmini hd caddy v2.zip
    332.1 KB · Views: 0
Back