Contribute
Register

Monterey is compatible with this pc??

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you click on the Apple at the top left corner and select "About this Mac", what does it say?
everything is correctly indicated there except for the processor, I took the finished EFI on github on a system like mine but with a different processor and changed smbios from 20.2 to 20.1

Last edited by a moderator:
everything is correctly indicated there except for the processor, I took the finished EFI on github on a system like mine but with a different processor and changed smbios from 20.2 to 20.1
What does the Graphics in About this Mac say?

Mine says "Radeon RX 580 8192 MB" as I am using a Sapphire Pulse RX 580.

Do you have a SSDT-PLUG.aml? It is probably what's causing the bus frequency errors on the error log. PLUG.aml should be tailored for each specific CPU. If you go to your EFI/OpenCore/ACPI folder see if its in there. Also go to the config.plist and see if its enabled. You can disable it to test if the correct CPU info comes up after a reboot.
***Do not remove the SSDT without disabling the config.plist ACPI section for that SSDT. It will cause a boot issue and kernel panic.

Go to your About this Mac and select System Report tab. Go to Graphics/Displays and post a screenshot. Move the Graphics/Display window to cover your serial number so it doesn't show see pic. Post this screenshot so we can see your true graphics functionality.
**Hold down the Shift and Command tabs and hit the 3 tab it will create a screenshot. Click!

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 8.52.16 AM.png

Disabled SSDT-PLUG.aml, the system started up, but the processor is still listed as i9 instead of i5, the file with errors still appears and is just as big

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-02-02 в 20.28.53.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-02-02 в 20.28.53.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Снимок экрана 2022-02-02 в 20.37.29.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-02-02 в 20.37.29.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 38
Try adding the RestrictEvents.kext to your /OC/Kexts folder and a corresponding entry in your config.plist for the kext. See if that helps.

Attachments

• RestrictEvents-1.0.6.zip
    114 KB · Views: 30
Try adding the RestrictEvents.kext to your /OC/Kexts folder and a corresponding entry in your config.plist for the kext. See if that helps.

The file appears and takes place 1 in 1 as before the kext

Sorry it does what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back