Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i7-13700k
Graphics
radeon pro vii
Hi!

Monterey 12.1, in energy saver "turn display off after" = "never"
But mac os continues to turn off display few minutes later after screen saver start (or then i selecting "sleep" from menu).
Monitor wake up takes long (near 30 seconds - i have few monitors) - so i want to disable this annoying behaviour.

"pmset displaysleep 0" have no effect

Try changing the display power setting.

On the System Preferences > Energy Saver tab, move the slider to far right hand side over 'Never'.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 23.36.44.png

You can also set the 'Prevent computer from Sleeping....' option, if required.

Try changing the display power setting.

On the System Preferences > Energy Saver tab, move the slider to far right hand side over 'Never'.

View attachment 540186

You can also set the 'Prevent computer from Sleeping....' option, if required.

Slider is already there, i've mentioned this in first message

Then change the Display sleep time to longer than whatever time you have set for the screensaver to kick in.Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 14.53.54.png Display sleep time option set to 30 mins

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 14.53.23.png Screensaver time set to 10 minutes.

If the Display sleep time is less than the show screensaver time, the screensaver will not show.

In the above screenshots, screensaver kicks in after 10 mins, Display remains powered on for a further 20 mins.

the problem is that i disabled sleep completely
but if i click "lock screen" in menu - display goes to sleep

Ok. So you need to UNDO whatever changes you made to cause this issue, i.e. Restore to Default options.

As that is not the normal or expected result of selecting Lock Screen.

When I use the Lock Screen feature it shows me my Desktop image with the login box. After 10 minutes the screensaver kicks in.

Ok. So you need to UNDO whatever changes you made to cause this issue, i.e. Restore to Default options.

As that is not the normal or expected result of selecting Lock Screen.

When I use the Lock Screen feature it shows me my Desktop image with the login box. After 10 minutes the screensaver kicks in.

lock screen also shows me login box
but after ~20 seconds of inactivity it turns off displays - but i wanna see screen saver or just blank screen instead of monitors turned off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back