RX 6900 XT / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, hope you're well!
I don't think this is an issue with the beta - or rather that, it's something that can be fixed via bootloader. Any ideas?
Shutdown and reboot was working fine with 11.2.3 & 11.5
I'm sure someone else has seen this and has an idea or fix in mind!

Thanks!
Trip

If this issue is happening with the Haswell system in your User profile, then you may want to try adding the following SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml to your OC setup. It is something I have used with all my Haswell systems. Copy attached below. Remember to add the complimentary entry for the SSDT to your config.plist. See if that helps.

I don't know what other SSDT's you have in your Haswell OC setup but these are the ones I use.

Screenshot 2021-09-11 at 14.29.02.png SSDT's used with OpenCore and Clover.

There are two SSDT's in the list above that aren't present in all my Haswell systems.
  1. SSDT-Radeon-Deinit.aml is only present when I have one of my RX 580 cards installed.
  2. SSDT-UIAC.aml is only present where I haven't bothered to switch to using USBPorts.kext.
SSDT-EC.aml, SSDT-HPET.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml were all created using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script and my system DSDT.aml. SSDT-HPET.aml requires additional ACPI > Patches to be added to the config.plist for the SSDT to work correctly.

SSDT-EHCx-Off.aml and SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml were taken from @VioletDragon GitHub repository - https://github.com/VoiletDragon. He has a number of repositories for Intel 9-Series/Z97 systems. SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml also has a corresponding ACPI patch that needs to be added to the config.plist for the SSDT to work.

SSDT-XOSI.aml and its corresponding ACPI Patch were taken from Rehabman's USB SSDT guide, and his USBInjectAll-Master GitHub repository. I created the SSDT-UIAC.aml when I first started running El Capitan on this system.

Attachments

• SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml.zip
    830 bytes · Views: 95
@Edhawk you could and should get by with a much leaner configuration as far as your Haswells are concerned. I attached mine so it is easier to see what I mean. My Haswell build
has been stable, with this configuration in all respects and for as long as I can remember.
Platforminfo --> Generic has been removed from the config.plist file in the attached EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 120
@Henties thanks for providing a copy of your Haswell OC folder as a comparison. I will have a look at the folder when I am back sitting in front of my Hack.

I am sure I could remove a number of entries from my setup, but as they work with my systems, I am going to keep them as they are currently configured.

I am sure your OC folder will help others reading this thread.

@Edhawk During my hacking years I discovered that "less is actually more"
Any questions you may have after scrutinising my EFI folder are obviously welcome.
Have a good look at the beginning of the config.plist file and don't skip the dictionary entry as it contains important information that is particularly relevant to my Haswell build.

Greetings Henties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back