Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Monterey and HD530 : Black Screen after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link, a lot of informations.
I'm not sure that I will understand something, but I will try ;)
make sure of your BIOS settings:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI

make sure gpu settings are set to enabled for internal graphics

Thanks,

The Nvidia card is always removed from the PCIe port when I try to use the HD530, I only use it to try to make the HD530 working.

I've added device-id >Data > 1B190000 :
View attachment 546561

But it stills the same : black screen.
Traj13,

Try to use these settings:

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 6.13.09 AM.png

Hi guys and thanks for the replies,
@Feartech , I've checked my bios settings, everything was compliant to your advices.

@Middleman , while testing your settings, I had the same issue : black screen after boot.
Capture d’écran 2022-04-25 à 11.45.53.png

At this time, the best setting I've found is :
Capture d’écran 2022-04-24 à 21.58.52.png

But with that settings, the HD530 is working only if I let the GTX710 plugged, which is not my goal.

And I really don’t understand why, with the last settings written in the previous post, the HD530 is working properly only if the Nvidia card is plugged.
That’s crazy. I can boot with the HDMI directly plugged to the HD530, I have full acceleration, use his “graphic acceleration” in photoshop for example, but I need the damn GTX710 to allow the system to boot.

And I really don’t understand why, with the last settings written in the previous post, the HD530 is working properly only if the Nvidia card is plugged.
That’s crazy. I can boot with the HDMI directly plugged to the HD530, I have full acceleration, use his “graphic acceleration” in photoshop for example, but I need the damn GTX710 to allow the system to boot.
still do not need the framebuffer patch enable or stolenmem

boot argument may help:
igfxonln=1

also reset nvram when you make any changes

With igfxonln=1
The system boots (I can hear the drives, the leds on my audio interface are on) but the monitor gets stuck in the verbose screen
75F6FE16-2F71-4660-BBED-BBA79A71DD02.jpeg

And as before, it’s working if I put the nvidia card on the computer (but let the HDMI plugged to the motherboard)

With igfxonln=1
The system boots (I can hear the drives, the leds on my audio interface are on) but the monitor gets stuck in the verbose screen
View attachment 546596
And as before, it’s working if I put the nvidia card on the computer (but let the HDMI plugged to the motherboard)
By default almost all Skylake Platforms ID’s have a PortCount of 3, except for Platform 193B0005 which has a PortCount of 4 and Platform 191B0006 which has a PortCount of 1.
The problem is that the HDMI port on some Gigabyte motherboards would only be enable with a PortCount of 4. This is why you should use the recommended Platform ID that better matches your CPU which in your case is Platform ID 19120000 (or 19120001 if used together with dedicated GPU) and then add the needed Framebuffer Patches for your motherboard. You would need the DP -> HDMI patch, the Enable HDMI20 (4K) patch and the PortCount patch. On Hackintool the PortCount patch is tricky to apply. You need to go to the Framebuffer Tab and then click on the value of the PortCount to be able to change the value to 4. Keep switching tabs making sure that the value keeps the change before generating the patch because sometimes it changes back to the default value, that is why is kind of tricky to apply the PortCount patch with hackintool.
Then switch back to the Patch Tab on Hackintool and click on Generate Patch. You can also just add the PortCount Patch manually. Cheers, I hope this info helps you.

Attachments

• 191200 Framebuffer with 4 PortCount Patch.plist
    1.3 KB · Views: 216
Remove all entry from device properties related graphic i.e Intel HD 530 it worked smoothly here. Sky lake i5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back