Motherboard
HP Z820
CPU
E5-2660
Graphics
Radeon PRO W6600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I have a Z820 Hackingtosh running on Monterey 12.4. Unfortunately for me, my USB3 ports are not discovered or working. I have a USB3 External Drive that I use as a storage device that I am not able to use. Any ideas on how I can configure a PLIST to detect my USB3 ports and get them to work?

I have a Z820 Hackingtosh running on Monterey 12.4. Unfortunately for me, my USB3 ports are not discovered or working. I have a USB3 External Drive that I use as a storage device that I am not able to use. Any ideas on how I can configure a PLIST to detect my USB3 ports and get them to work?
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

usb setup guide:

Hi, I followed the Steps, however, no USB3 Discovered; I have 5 USB2 ports only, 4 in back and 1 in the front panel. I am not sure how to get my 6 USB3 ports to appear on the list of USBs.
1658074594214.png

Hi, I followed the Steps, however, no USB3 Discovered; I have 5 USB2 ports only, 4 in back and 1 in the front panel. I am not sure how to get my 6 USB3 ports to appear on the list of USBs.
View attachment 551291
because you need to do the guide in Catalina

Catalina? I have Monterey... BTW, the USB ports worked in Big Sure. They disappeared when I upgraded to Monterey. Is Monterey incompatible with USB3 ports right now in Hackingtosh?

Catalina? I have Monterey... BTW, the USB ports worked in Big Sure. They disappeared when I upgraded to Monterey. Is Monterey incompatible with USB3 ports right now in Hackingtosh?
yes, you have to use Catalina as XhciPortLimit works correctly in that OS

yes, you have to use Catalina as XhciPortLimit works correctly in that OS
I think I will wait for a fix for Monterey, for I have already setup everything to work on it properly already.

I think I will wait for a fix for Monterey, for I have already setup everything to work on it properly already.
you may be waiting a while as it wasn't fixed in Big Sur or Monterey and Ventura is upcoming....

you may be waiting a while as it wasn't fixed in Big Sur or Monterey and Ventura is upcoming....
I have a nice working Monterey, which is the latest version today. I even purchased the Graphics card for it; and that was not cheap. Catalina is about two versions back. Do you think that is a good idea to revert back so far? What about all the bugs that have been corrected since Catalina?

I have a nice working Monterey, which is the latest version today. I even purchased the Graphics card for it; and that was not cheap. Catalina is about two versions back. Do you think that is a good idea to revert back so far? What about all the bugs that have been corrected since Catalina?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back