Contribute
Register

Monterey 12.2 on Macbook A1425 display error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBook Pro A1425 > Need screen size and year > See Rules!
CPU
i5 > Need full CPU model number > See Rules!
Graphics
Intel > Need full model number > See Rules!
I sucessfully installed monterey on my mac, no problems at all, but when i upgraded it to monterey 12.2 the display seems to be wrong. I don't had or have connected any secondary display, but when i go to display options, it says "diplay" where is it supposed to say "retina integrated display" . Also, when i try to connect an external monitor, noting happens. Finally, when i close the notebook, the screen remains on.
Everything makes me think that the laptop believe there is a monitor connected

I already cleared nvram and smc, tried to press "alt" key on display to see the magic "detect display" button, but nothing happens.
The resolution now is 4K, and now its really really slow, cant even take a screenshot, or open finder
Also installed "easydisplay" but it doesnt even start
I've tried to connect a display to hdmi, with mac on and off, then (in both cases) shut down the monitor without taking out the hdmi and then turn it on (from the power button, on the monitor, and disconnecting the powersupply). Nothing helped me

I have 2 other macbooks (A1425 and A1502). Have the same problem on both A1425, but not on A1502

Does anybody have the same problem? please help me

I had the exact same problem with my a1425 after my install of Monterey, I had to use the Opencore legacy patcher to patch the volume for the metal graphics,

Thanks! I've never hacked a mac UEFI before. Was pretty simple. Just open open legacy patcher and Apply Patch to fix the problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back