Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z-370 A
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Hello. I’d like to describe the problem quickly. Sometimes my dual monitor setup simply goes to „No Signal“, but the OS seems to continue operating normally. Also if I restart them simply nothing happens anymore. Most often this happens when I simply insert a USB device in my front USB ports and remove it again. This never happened back in the days on High Sierra.
Right now I’m running latest Mac OS Mojave.
Does anyone maybe have an idea regarding that or ever experienced something similar ?

Thanks in advance. I can share my EFI folder shortly.

edit: please correct me if I did anything wrong about the post as I’m new to the forum.

Same thing is happening on my system, but doesn't seem to be related to adding/removing usb devices, I just lose signal on all of my monitors, and can't get it back. Although the computer continues operating normally. Did you ever figure anything out?

I figured out my issue. It wasn't software related at all. I had a plastic chair mat on the carpet under my chair. Apparently it was generating a static electrical field powerful enough to interfere with the Vega and cause it to pretty much shut down. I moved the plastic mat and the problem went away. Put it back, problem was back. Pretty dumb issue, but look for sources of EM interference.

Honestly, I have a slightly similar situation. It's an electronic device, which cable is running below my device and if I enable it, signal gets lost. How often did it happen tho ?

Recently for me if I put in my USB stick it happened again and I also have a panic log of it. I attached it to the post now, personally I don't understand it, but hopefully someone else.

Attachments

• Kernel_2019-08-24-100759_iMac.txt
    38.7 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back