Graphics
Geforce 640 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Gigabyte EP43-UD3L motherboard, 8 gb of RAM, Quad-Core Xeon CPU, and NVIDIA 9500 GT in my "hackintosh" build. I was able to upgrade to 10.6.8 using this guide:
EP43-UD3L 10.6 SL Snow Leopard Install - InsanelyMac Forum

However today I have embarked on getting Mountain Lion installed. I tried to upgrade but that didn't work so I was starting a fresh build using this guide:
Install OS X Mountain Lion Hackintosh On A PC [How-To Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

It booted great and I went to use MultiBeast. I installed EasyBeast as well as the ALC888 folder, and the Realtek 81xx network kext. However after installing these (network works great even without the Realtek kext, sound however does not work) and restarting I get to the Apple loading screen, it seems to load then my monitor goes right into sleep mode. I can't do anything from there except shutting down.

I have tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No and the -v (which doesn't hang up anywhere) boot however all of these produce the same result.

Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated!

Try GraphicsEnabler=Yes -f -v

After installing works perfectly without adding any drivers. However after installing the Chameleon bootloader it does the same exact thing. Tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v -f and it did the exact same thing.

The reason I had to install the Chameleon bootloader is because the OSX would only start if booting from the USB flash drive. I had used UniBeast to install Mountain Lion.

Any ideas to correct these two issues or is it better off to just constantly boot from the USB??

Mine did that too, after a lot of bios resets and random tries, it seems to have calmed down. I suggest you try to reset your bios .

See if it boots into safe mode. ( -x flag)

I think I might just leave it booting from the flash drive as it works very well until a better idea comes along. Just very confused of why this problem is occurring with the booting.

I've got exactly the same problem.... And please don't suggest to re-install as this would be the 10th time.... Try to go into safe mode and it just sits there with the gear cog thinking actually doing nothing

I'm right there with you. I know the reason for my bootloader not working is that there is no /Extra folder. I tried to add one from a previous install and nothing happened. It's very frustrating.

Its like there is something missing from Multibeast as they have just used the Lion one.... which if there was a newer version brought out for Lion, then why is there not a new version for mountain lion... As this is the only install i've ever had a problem with all the other versions of osx with multibeast have worked fine....

Doin my head in now.. lol

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleRTC]: The Mach-0 file is malformed: Invalid magic number: 0xbebafeca.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC - link failed.
Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleRTC failed to load (0xdc008016)
Couldn't alloc class ''AppleRTC''

Any ideas?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back