Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI H310M PRO-M2 PLUS
CPU
Intel Core i5 9400F
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX580
Upon 3 weeks after finishing my Hackintosh, i've encountered an issue where the monitor randomly would get disconnected (i.e no signal). my specs are as follows:

MacOS: Catalina 10.15.5
MOBO: MSI H310M PRO-M2 PLUS
CPU: Intel Core i5 9400F
GPU: Radeon RX580
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 3000MHz 8GB x2
PSU: Corsair CV550
Monitor: LG 25UM58 21:9 UltraWide
(With an ORICO bluetooth USB adapter, no wi-fi cards, with Ethernet)

My system is indeed quite new, as i only finished building it about 3 weeks ago and i have encountered no problems, until about 2 days ago when i started experiencing this problem. booting up, the system runs fine, however in the middle of use (under light load/low stress) the monitor just randomly cuts out and the signal doesn't comeback until i restart the computer. the first time this happened the words displayed on-screen were "Out of range", but now the words displayed on-screen after the system craps out are "No Signal". i've tried swapping my HDMI cable and HDMI inputs on my monitor, but the problem didn't go away. Unfortunately my RX580 only has 1 HDMI output and my monitor cannot utilize any of the 3 display ports and/or the single DVI output on my graphics card. One thing i found is that my system still runs when the monitor is disconnected; i found this out after my monitor got disconnected while i was watching a video and the video still ran. Does anyone know of a possible cause and/or solution, whether this has to do with my hardware or firmware. every little bit helps. Thx

P.S at night i have a tendency to sleep the hackintosh and the system seems to hibernate because of it, wondering if this could affect the machine.

monitor cannot utilize any of the 3 display ports and/or the single DVI output on my graphics card.
You might try a DP to HDMI adaptor.

I'll definitely consider it. but do you know of anyway to troubleshoot this issue?

do you know of anyway to troubleshoot this issue?
No, there are many tales of HDMI not playing well with macOS.
Try the forum Search tool.

Upon 3 weeks after finishing my Hackintosh, i've encountered an issue where the monitor randomly would get disconnected (i.e no signal). my specs are as follows:

MacOS: Catalina 10.15.5
MOBO: MSI H310M PRO-M2 PLUS
CPU: Intel Core i5 9400F
GPU: Radeon RX580
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 3000MHz 8GB x2
PSU: Corsair CV550
Monitor: LG 25UM58 21:9 UltraWide
(With an ORICO bluetooth USB adapter, no wi-fi cards, with Ethernet)

My system is indeed quite new, as i only finished building it about 3 weeks ago and i have encountered no problems, until about 2 days ago when i started experiencing this problem. booting up, the system runs fine, however in the middle of use (under light load/low stress) the monitor just randomly cuts out and the signal doesn't comeback until i restart the computer. the first time this happened the words displayed on-screen were "Out of range", but now the words displayed on-screen after the system craps out are "No Signal". i've tried swapping my HDMI cable and HDMI inputs on my monitor, but the problem didn't go away. Unfortunately my RX580 only has 1 HDMI output and my monitor cannot utilize any of the 3 display ports and/or the single DVI output on my graphics card. One thing i found is that my system still runs when the monitor is disconnected; i found this out after my monitor got disconnected while i was watching a video and the video still ran. Does anyone know of a possible cause and/or solution, whether this has to do with my hardware or firmware. every little bit helps. Thx

P.S at night i have a tendency to sleep the hackintosh and the system seems to hibernate because of it, wondering if this could affect the machine.

Hey mate, I'm experiencing the same issue with RX Vega 56, Everything is running in the background but both monitors go out... did you figure out what caused it? i'm running Mojave 10.14.6

Thanks,
Pooya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back