Contribute
Register

Monitor flickering artifacts with on-board graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Asus PB258Q 25.0" 60Hz Monitor

I just got this monitor and this is a new build. I am using the HDMI connector.

Screen is flickering for a split second with artifacts from other parts of the screen. It happens every time I scroll or move a window, and randomly too. It seems like other apps are bleeding through, I had a full screen video that was paused in VLC, the app was hidden but it was doing this more than usual until I closed the app. When I minimized windows in other apps instead of hiding the app, it improved the situation at least when not doing anything.

I tried DVD-I and it was completely garbled, not flickering like this, just permanently messed up though I could see the menus.

I installed the pixel clock patch to get 1440 resolution working. It wasn't flickering as much before the patch, actually it would flicker for longer at a time, but would settle down and didn't seem to happen. But the resolution looked bad at 1080p before patch. DVMT is set to 512MB in Bios.

I had this hooked up to a Samsung HDTV over the weekend, and it was periodically flickering solid black. But that would also settle down after a while and stop, or happen very occasionally.

I am getting a graphics card so hopefully the Display Port will work better than this, this Motherboard does not have Display Port.

I solved this problem by installing a graphics card! Monitor looks incredible at 1440p now and no glitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back