Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I upgraded from an RX 580 to an RX 6600, and now I have a couple of minor issues.

First, my monitor (BENQ PD2720U) is no longer listed as a sound output device. This is only a problem in macOS; in Windows, it still shows up as an audio device. My computer is connected to the monitor with a DisplayPort 1.4 cable and a USB 3 cable (for the USB hub ports on the monitor). I thought the audio was transmitted over USB, but other devices I've connected to the monitor's USB ports are still working fine. Maybe audio is transmitted over DisplayPort then?

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? I've attached my EFI folder if it helps. The only thing I changed when I upgraded to the RX 6600 was adding agdpmod=pikera to the boot-args.

Second, most of the stats for my RX 6600 in HWMonitorSMC2 are showing as 0 or just missing. I've tried turning the Use the IOKit monitoring for GPUs setting off and back on and relaunching HWMonitorSMC2, but the stats still aren't showing up. These screenshots show the stats I had for my RX 580 (left) that are 0 or missing for my RX 6600 (right):

HWMonitorSMC2 RX 580.png
HWMonitorSMC2 RX 6600.png

I'm using the latest version of VirtualSMC, SMCProcessor, and SMCSuperIO (1.3.0) as well as the latest version of HWMonitorSMC2 (2.6.1). Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 32
I upgraded from an RX 580 to an RX 6600, and now I have a couple of minor issues.

First, my monitor (BENQ PD2720U) is no longer listed as a sound output device. This is only a problem in macOS; in Windows, it still shows up as an audio device. My computer is connected to the monitor with a DisplayPort 1.4 cable and a USB 3 cable (for the USB hub ports on the monitor). I thought the audio was transmitted over USB, but other devices I've connected to the monitor's USB ports are still working fine. Maybe audio is transmitted over DisplayPort then?

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? I've attached my EFI folder if it helps. The only thing I changed when I upgraded to the RX 6600 was adding agdpmod=pikera to the boot-args.

Second, most of the stats for my RX 6600 in HWMonitorSMC2 are showing as 0 or just missing. I've tried turning the Use the IOKit monitoring for GPUs setting off and back on and relaunching HWMonitorSMC2, but the stats still aren't showing up. These screenshots show the stats I had for my RX 580 (left) that are 0 or missing for my RX 6600 (right):

View attachment 553602View attachment 553603

I'm using the latest version of VirtualSMC, SMCProcessor, and SMCSuperIO (1.3.0) as well as the latest version of HWMonitorSMC2 (2.6.1). Does anyone know what might be wrong?
you could try adding:
Code:
<key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
to your audio and video section in your config.plist

may also be worth running this:
to create your HPET.aml along with config.plist renames

you could try adding:
Code:
<key>hda-gfx</key>
to your audio and video section in your config.plist
Do you mean under DeviceProperties -> Add -> [DevicePath for my GPU]?

Do you mean under DeviceProperties -> Add -> [DevicePath for my GPU]?
yes

I had similar issues with my laptop (yes, I know they are different) but it made it work for me

it could work for yourself, something worth a try, for example, this is what I ended up with:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,31,3</string>
                <key>alc-verbs</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                cKEAAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Audio device</string>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>17</integer>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller</string>
            </dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AAAWWQ==
                </data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                FlkAAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>VGA compatible controller</string>
                <key>force-online</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Intel HD Graphics 530</string>
            </dict>

yes

I had similar issues with my laptop (yes, I know they are different) but it made it work for me

it could work for yourself, something worth a try, for example, this is what I ended up with:

Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,31,3</string>
                <key>alc-verbs</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                cKEAAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>Audio device</string>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <integer>17</integer>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family HD Audio Controller</string>
            </dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>#AAPL,slot-name</key>
                <string>Internal@0,2,0</string>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AAAWWQ==
                </data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                FlkAAA==
                </data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>VGA compatible controller</string>
                <key>force-online</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Intel HD Graphics 530</string>
            </dict>

After adding hda-gfx | string | onboard-1 to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) and PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0), my monitor is showing up and working as an output device again. Thank you!

config hda-gfx.png

Sound Output Devices.png

Now I just have to figure out what's going on with the GPU sensors.

After adding hda-gfx | string | onboard-1 to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) and PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0), my monitor is showing up and working as an output device again. Thank you!

View attachment 553719
View attachment 553720

Now I just have to figure out what's going on with the GPU sensors.
nice! glad you go that working! :)

not sure about your sensors though as it is not something I have used

I got the GPU temperature sensor working again. I had to add the RadeonSensor kexts as explained below:
Temperature sensor

Starting with the Radeon VII model, it is necessary to use kexts to read the temperature of AMD graphics cards since macOS stopped exposing that data directly. This also applies to the 6000 series. To know the temperature of the card you can use aluveitie's RadeonSensor. It consists of 3 elements:
  • Radeon sensor.kext: Lilu plugin to read card temperature
  • SMCRadeonGPU.kext: to export data via VirtualSMC to monitoring tools such as iStat Menus
  • RadeonGadget.app: to display the temperature in the menu bar, it requires RadeonSensor.kext only.
Note: SMCRadeonGPU.kext has to go after RadeonSensor.kext in the config file.plist of OpenCore and of course both after Lilu and VirtualSMC.

I have tested these 2 extensions together and they seem to work well, iStat Menus adds the temperature of the 6600 XT as one more sensor to display in the menu bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back