Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi, i finally got my successful build done and installed to a point where no network or glitches at the menu bar.

Problem 1: the one problem i havent been able to fix is i can only use one monitor and i would prefer to have two. i have confirmed that the two monitors im hooking up to the computer are not dead.

Problem 2: if i leave the computer sit for 5 to 10 minutes it "crashes" as what i think it is doing. Ive looked to see if anyone else could have figured out what is causing this problem and so far i havent had any results in my search.

Specs
Cpu: I5-6400
Mobo: Asrock z170m-itx/ac (Wireless Replaced with Compatible Chip)
Ram: 8GB DDR4
SSD: 240gb ssd
Hard Drive: 500gb 5400rpm HDD
Monitor connections: DP and HDMI (I have also tried HDMI and Dvid)

HD530 doesn't play nicely with dual monitors. There are workarounds to use dual monitors. First thing to try is disabling Apple Graphics Device Policy using the App attached at the bottom of post#1 here : Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition
Try the hotplug method. Boot with one display attached and at the desktop connect the 2nd. If this fails reverse the test using the 2nd monitor as primary and connect the first. I'd start with DP as primary.

Ive tried the hot swap method and it doesnt want to connect. If i reboot it detects it then switches to the one i just plugged in like its defaulting to a specific port i will try to use the app when i get home and will update

Ok the next step is to add a fourth display patch. Mount your EFI partition, navigate to
/EFI/Clover/config.plist > open your config.plist with a plist.editor > Find KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
add a new item as shown here, credit toleda :
Comment : 10.11.4+-SKL-1912000-4_displays
Disabled : No
Find <01030303>
Name : AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer
Replace <01030403>
Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 10.42.13.png

Restart your system and test the hotplug method again. If this fails make a copy of IOReg connected individually to each display. Name the IOReg's HDMI and DP.ioreg so I know which port is connected. A connector edit maybe required.
[Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back