CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.7GHz
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! I am currently running macOS Mojave on my setup and created a Catalina install drive on a USB Pendrive. The thing is that clover boots and recognizes the external installation drive but the apple logo never finishes to load. It stays on the last 10%. Any thoughts on this? I am currently running Mojave with no issue from my SSD but would like to jump to Catalina

Hi! I am currently running macOS Mojave on my setup and created a Catalina install drive on a USB Pendrive. The thing is that clover boots and recognizes the external installation drive but the apple logo never finishes to load. It stays on the last 10%. Any thoughts on this? I am currently running Mojave with no issue from my SSD but would like to jump to Catalina

Hi there,

Did you use UniBeast 10 to create your USB installer for Catalina?

Yes! I downloaded that version

The freeze you are having sounds like the GPU initialisation is failing at the point where the system switches to it. However it could also be something else.

A good idea is to boot in "verbose" mode and take a photo of the screen at the point it freezes. To do this, at the Clover boot menu press the SpaceBar and from the drop-down menu select 'Verbose' or '-v'. Then cursor down to "Return" and select the boot drive.

Also, if you used UniBeast 10 then it places the Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext on the USB stick, which should help the GPU to initialise.

Upload that screen grab.

:)

The freeze you are having sounds like the GPU initialisation is failing at the point where the system switches to it. However it could also be something else.

A good idea is to boot in "verbose" mode and take a photo of the screen at the point it freezes. To do this, at the Clover boot menu press the SpaceBar and from the drop-down menu select 'Verbose' or '-v'. Then cursor down to "Return" and select the boot drive.

Also, if you used UniBeast 10 then it places the Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext on the USB stick, which should help the GPU to initialise.

Upload that screen grab.

:)

It gets till there. Sorry for the glare on the screen

Attachments

• 342F50F9-5111-4972-B471-138026903801.jpeg
    342F50F9-5111-4972-B471-138026903801.jpeg
    902.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
It gets till there. Sorry for the glare on the screen

Okay...

Remember "Search" is your friend here and '1683' is a common error, easily fixed. For example, see this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back