Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z-97-Deluxe
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
intel Integrated HD graphics- using mini display port
Tried Clean install of both Mojave and High Sierra. Clover boots, but when the disk with system starts to boot, it stops and reboots. Occasionally, it will boot.

ASUS Z-97 Deluxe
Intel i7 4790k
On board sound and graphics
15gb ram

I have enclosed screen shots of the startup process. I am at a loss.

Attachments

• 4D4A869B-FF9A-4943-8157-4722A3EEAA44.jpeg
    4D4A869B-FF9A-4943-8157-4722A3EEAA44.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 32
  • C901918E-63DD-45E7-A6DE-D545EE6E9146.jpeg
    C901918E-63DD-45E7-A6DE-D545EE6E9146.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 36
Tried Clean install of both Mojave and High Sierra. Clover boots, but when the disk with system starts to boot, it stops and reboots. Occasionally, it will boot.

ASUS Z-97 Deluxe
Intel i7 4790k
On board sound and graphics
15gb ram

I have enclosed screen shots of the startup process. I am at a loss.

This troubleshoot is most likely going to be a long one extending to multiple threads of back and forth exchanges.

Your major hardware specifications (MoBo+CPU+Graphics) if not properly entered in your Profile, will force readers to return to #1 to find them and correlate your verbose boot screen issues to your System Hardware Chipsets (and through them to find the Kexts) to provide you useful tips to fix the issue or they may lose interest in helping you.

Your current Profile shows your Motherboard as : 10.10 which makes absolutely no sense and Graphics as Intel: without any useful details.

Even your listed hardware on the body of your post shows a very causal approach to naming the most important Graphics and Audio simply as "On board sound and graphics" as if it is the reader's job to search and find them to help you.

If you are not specific about them you will have no idea about the steps to fix Graphic related or audio related problems.

This type of information about Audio and Graphics Chipsets is easily available to you from Motherboard Manual or Specifications posted in sites like Newegg where the MoBo https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132127 and CPU https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369 are sold.In this respect Hackintosh installation problems are no different from other OSes like Windows.

Thanks for the help, updated my profile. I can get sound, (Realtek ALC1150, working, I can get internet (Intel l218 V) working. All on initial install. then when I try to boot, without the USB drive, Clover boots, I get the Apple logo, then midway through the boot it restarts. I have played with BIOS settings, vt-d - disable, CSM- (tried both enabled and disabled), secure boot- other OS, disabled PK.

Utilizing Clover configurator, I have updated to the most recent clover, opened the config.plist, and tried to make suggested edits that I have found on this forum. I have various drivers, In the clover/EFI folder ie Aptio to various other Optiofix2 or 3 without fixing the problem.

Thanks for the help, updated my profile. I can get sound, (Realtek ALC1150, working, I can get internet (Intel l218 V) working. All on initial install. then when I try to boot, without the USB drive, Clover boots, I get the Apple logo, then midway through the boot it restarts. I have played with BIOS settings, vt-d - disable, CSM- (tried both enabled and disabled), secure boot- other OS, disabled PK.

Utilizing Clover configurator, I have updated to the most recent clover, opened the config.plist, and tried to make suggested edits that I have found on this forum. I have various drivers, In the clover/EFI folder ie Aptio to various other Optiofix2 or 3 without fixing the problem.
Can you compress and upload your EFI folder?

Thank you for updating your profile which makes helpers' job easier:).

then when I try to boot, without the USB drive, Clover boots, I get the Apple logo, then midway through the boot it restarts.

That indicates your USB installer's EFI folders has the magic key for your System Disk to boot from Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen and open the login screen to let you enter your credentials to reach the Desktop.

Therefore if you could copy that EFI Folder from your Mojave USB Installer Disk and paste that to the EFI Partition of your System Disk to replace the 'defective' EFI Folder in the System disk, your Mojave should boot without Panic .

How can you accomplish that.
You have already done the groundwork for that by downloading and installing CloverConfiguratorGlobal in this system.

• If you have not already done, click Finder icon from Dock and then from Top menubar Finder>Preferences > [√] Hard Disks [√] External Disks [This will place Disk icons on Right side of Desktop for easy accesss and navigation with Mouse and keyboard]
  • Launch CCG and click from its Left Panel TOOLs >"Mount EFI" and get the EFIs of your USB Installer Disk and Mojave System disk to its Right Panel.
  • Next click the Mount Partition button of USB Installer to place White EFI Partition of USB Installer on the Desktop [See steps here->#4]
  • Inside EFI Partition is the EFI Folder to copy and paste it on the Desktop
  • Next mount the dark EFI Partition of Mojave System Hard disk on the Desktop
  • Next open EFI Partition of Hard disk and Delete the EFI Folder
  • Next copy and paste the saved EFI Folder from Desktop to the empty EFI Partition of the Mojave hard disk.
  • Now you have a working EFI from the USB Installer pasted to the Mojave System Disk giving it a Booting CLOVER
  • Reboot and go to BIOS and change the Boot Order to System Disk as #1 and, Disable the USB Installer disk in Boot Option Priorities list, Save and Exit, and boot.
  • Try to boot System Disk in Verbose for test of cure after the above troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back