Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
B150M-C
CPU
I5 6500
Graphics
GTX 285
Hello. Recently I asked this question "which version should be compatible with my specs" in Facebook Forum.
Someone told me that I can install mojave or catalina , and it will work with my GPU bcoz it's tesla based.
Yes its working with some kexts , but my problem is that it only shows " nvidia model chip 5mb".

Can anyone help me to fix this ?

Specs - CPU - i5 6500 | GPU - EVGA GTX 285 1GB | RAM - DDR4 12GB | ROM - 250-500GB

Also if u know older but compatible version that should work with my PC , please comment.
Also I need to know how to create dual boot, i have other ssd where is windows, and this hdd is separated .

Thanx in advance . If u can't understand, sorry for my bad English .

Hello. Recently I asked this question "which version should be compatible with my specs" in Facebook Forum.
Someone told me that I can install mojave or catalina , and it will work with my GPU bcoz it's tesla based.
Yes its working with some kexts , but my problem is that it only shows " nvidia model chip 5mb".

Can anyone help me to fix this ?

Specs - CPU - i5 6500 | GPU - EVGA GTX 285 1GB | RAM - DDR4 12GB | ROM - 250-500GB

Also if u know older but compatible version that should work with my PC , please comment.
Also I need to know how to create dual boot, i have other ssd where is windows, and this hdd is separated .

Thanx in advance . If u can't understand, sorry for my bad English .

The GTX 285 lacks Metal support, Apple's graphics framework, which is required in Mojave and Catalina.

If you want to run Mojave or Catalina, you need to replace the card with a Metal supported card, such as a RX 580 (AMD) or GTX 760 (old, Nvidia), or, remove the card and use CPU integrated graphics.

Macs have switched to using AMD GPUs so we recommend switching to an AMD supported card like the RX 580 or the new RX 5700 / RX 5700 XT (the latter two are only supported in Catalina).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back