Contribute
Register

Mojave: Where to Download the Full OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I typed "shasum" into the terminal and then dropped the file "InstallESD.dmg", that I downloaded, onto the terminal and got this for the checksum 2f37bc2ea1bd74baf42c9fa93b4518e155bae62e I tried typing the path about 20 times before I figured out that you could just drop the file on the Terminal application window. A Google search found this checksum number reflected in only one online resource which was a github project which purports to track these numbers for the Mac OS. It is apparently a good file.

OK, I typed "shasum" into the terminal and then dropped the file "InstallESD.dmg", that I downloaded, onto the terminal and got this for the checksum 2f37bc2ea1bd74baf42c9fa93b4518e155bae62e I tried typing the path about 20 times before I figured out that you could just drop the file on the Terminal application window. A Google search found this checksum number reflected in only one online resource which was a github project which purports to track these numbers for the Mac OS. It is apparently a good file.
  • You have got an Install macOSMojave fullfile for 10.14.4, 18E227 instead of what I have shown for a different Version number 10.14.4 (18E226)
  • You might have typed the command not quite OK for that not to work. But dragging and dropping that file is just an easier way for most :)
  • Good luck with your project.
  • It will be a good idea to keep a copy of that file on a Flash disk to avoid having to hunt for that in future.

• You have got an Install macOSMojave fullfile for 10.14.4, 18E227 instead of what I have shown for a different Version number 10.14.4 (18E226)
  • You might have typed the command not quite OK for that not to work. But dragging and dropping that file is just an easier way for most :)
  • Good luck with your project.
  • It will be a good idea to keep a copy of that file on a Flash disk to avoid having to hunt for that in future.

I have a UniBeast Mohave installer on a USB flash drive, but I just moved from a house that I lived in for 24 years and I have things in three different storages. Among the things I cannot find it at the moment is that installer. Thanks though, for getting me to do my first checksum verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back