Contribute
Register

Mojave upgrade from app store does not complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIOS settings. On startup, I get to the CBM screen by default every time (So I assume BIOS is correctly defaulting to that boot entry).
I notice there are a ton of boot options, I'm guessing a new one keeps getting created each time I try to run the installer.

Attachments

• IMG_2355.jpg
    IMG_2355.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2356.jpg
    IMG_2356.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2357.jpg
    IMG_2357.jpg
    900.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2353.jpg
    IMG_2353.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Clover menu options (some).

Attachments

• IMG_2358.jpg
    IMG_2358.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2361.jpg
    IMG_2361.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2359.jpg
    IMG_2359.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 34
See edited image -> CBM_Options_Graphics Injector->.
Try changing the Values as shown and try rebooting each time until you reach the Desktop.
Once on the Desktop, edit config.plist _Devices with the Fake ID of IntelGFX =19128086 and config.plist_Graphics with [√] InjejectIntel; ig-platform-id 19120000.

Attachments

• 1.CBM_Options_Graphics Injector.png
    1.CBM_Options_Graphics Injector.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Changed both graphics values and re-ran "Install OS" boot option from CBM.
Getting same error - kextd stall[0], (240s):'AppleACPICPU'

Will try a few variations such as adjusting each value separately.

Changed both graphics values and re-ran "Install OS" boot option from CBM.
Getting same error - kextd stall[0], (240s):'AppleACPICPU'

Will try a few variations such as adjusting each value separately.
  1. By itself the above "pause" at "AppleACPICPU" X3 is not a problem if the Video card kexts can be loaded by CLOVER .
  2. To facilitate that , go back to CBM_Options_GraphicsInjecor-> and edit as shown in the image 1.CBM_Options_GraphicsInjector-> with a FakeID=0x19128086 and *-platform-id=19120000
and the return to CBM and boot yourSystem Disk being upgraded

Edited to add: For this to work ,your CLOVER/kexts/Other must have latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext

Attachments

• 1.CBM_Options_GraphicsInjector->.png
    1.CBM_Options_GraphicsInjector->.png
    549.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Sounds good.

Edited - tried again with your instructions but same results. Attached screenshot is as far as progress gets, then display stops (takes about 45 minutes).

Is there a way to check if I have those kexts from the CBM menus? Or another method to check those kexts?

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Sounds good.

Edited - tried again with your instructions but same results. Attached screenshot is as far as progress gets, then display stops (takes about 45 minutes).

Is there a way to check if I have those kexts from the CBM menus? Or another method to check those kexts?

1. At this stage , your options are:

• Get a working macOSMojave USB Installer to see if you can boot the System Disk
  • Try a complicated method of Editing EFI_CLOVER from the Sierra System Disk with the failing upgrade to Mojave using Windows 10 (If you have Windows Disk in this PC).
    • EFI. partition of macOS is about ~200 MB and is FAT32 Formatted and can be viewed in Windows.
    • But, to mount the 200MB EFI from macOSSierra System Disk as a Volume with a drive letter you need to use a Third party App -Mini Tool Partition Wizard Free edition
    • The mounted EFI with an unused drive letter like Z: cannot be opened by Windows Explorer; you need another software: Explorer++
  • Download PW (Local Download) and Explorer++ (Download 64-bit)
  • Install Partition Wizard making sure Not to accept unwanted applications like Antivirus being sneaked in during License agreement during install. (take your time and read before agreeing! hurry kills!!!!)
  • Go to Programs> Mini-Tool Partition Wizard and click to open it (see image)
  • From the opened screen, select and click on "Launch Application" tab
  • In the next image RIGHT-click on the EFI Partition from your macOS Disk (200MB) [see image]
  • From the popup click on Change Letter
  • In the Next screen type in an unused Drive letter >Apply >Yes>OK to affirm the EFI as a new Volume with the chosen drive letter like Z
  • If you click open Computer (my Computer) icon from the Desktop, you can now see your macOS EFI as Z: drive
  • Now you unzip and launch Explorer +++
  • Locate your Z drive and click to see CLOVER FileTree
    • Whatever files you need to add, you get them through a USB disk (or other means) to Windows and copy and paste to CLOVER/kexts/Other and CLOVER/drivers64UEFI
    • Remove unwanted files and folders from EFI File Tree
    • Edit config.plist very carefully using Text editor making sure you follow the format correctly .
    • Save edited config.plist
  • Shut down Windows and disconnect Windows 10 disk during macOS Upgrade.
  • Hope this works out for you

Attachments

• 1.Mini PW launch .png
    1.Mini PW launch .png
    246.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.Click on Launch Application.png
    2.Click on Launch Application.png
    579.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.Right Click EFI from MacOS.png
    3.Right Click EFI from MacOS.png
    636.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 4.Select Change Letter.png