Mojave Upgrade does not detect PCI WiFi or Apple Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX DDR4 Motherboards GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake
Graphics
XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+, 8GB GDDR5, VR Ready, Dual BIOS, 3xDP HDMI DVI, AMD Gr
Mac
  1. iMac
I have exhausted my abilities on trying to figure out why Mojave won't detect my PCI slot WiFi card. I've read every thread on here. I replaced my card with TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900 Wireless WiFi PCIe network Adapter Card for PC which I read worked better. I also install the IO80211Family.kext and can't figure this out.

Attachments

• specs3.png
    specs3.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 77
  • specs2.png
    specs2.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 88
  • specs.png
    specs.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 95
I have exhausted my abilities on trying to figure out why Mojave won't detect my PCI slot WiFi card. I've read every thread on here. I replaced my card with TP-Link Archer T9E AC1900 Wireless WiFi PCIe network Adapter Card for PC which I read worked better. I also install the IO80211Family.kext and can't figure this out.

I know you said you have exhausted your abilities but does that include moving the card into a different PCI-E slot? I also do not think it will show up in the PCI list even when it is working.

I know you said you have exhausted your abilities but does that include moving the card into a different PCI-E slot? I also do not think it will show up in the PCI list even when it is working.
I'll give it a shot! However, it DID work out of the box in High Sierra.

I'll give it a shot! However, it DID work out of the box in High Sierra.

I am not sure where I read it but I did read that some of the TP link adaptors that worked in HS do not work in Mojave. I do see that you said you tried a different one that was said to work but I really do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back