Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 5.32.34 PM.jpg

Is there any workaround to install the 10.14.1 and above patches/updates to HFS+ volumes? I didn't convert to APFS when I upgraded to Mojave, but the combo update refuses to install.

Last edited:
View attachment 374197
Is there any workaround to install the 10.14.1 and above patches/updates to HFS+ volumes? I didn't convert to APFS when I upgraded to Mojave, but the combo update refuses to install.
I didn't find a solution when I did the same mistake. Had to re-format the drive as APFS and install macOS again...

I didn't find a solution when I did the same mistake. Had to re-format the drive as APFS and install macOS again...

The dosdude guy recommends reinstalling over top of existing install. I notice that convert to APFS is available in Disk Utility booted from install media if Macintosh HD is unmounted. Is this process non-destructive?

The dosdude guy recommends reinstalling over top of existing install. I notice that convert to APFS is available in Disk Utility booted from install media if Macintosh HD is unmounted. Is this process non-destructive?
Doesn't conversion to APFS wipe the partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back