Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170A
CPU
Intel i7 6700
Graphics
1070TI
Hi all, last night I tried to update my High Sierra to Mojave.

After updating Clover and downloading the installer, I restarted. But after restarting, the apple logo and loading bar just hangs there. Running in verbose mode hangs on this:

Start RandomSeed
End RandomSeed
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is there anyone who can help me fix this?
Thank you.

After updating Clover
Typically this is caused by an incorrect, duplicate or missing memory fix driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
Also typically caused by Clover upgrades where the user neglects to specify the driver to install.

Waste of time installing Mojave though, there are no drivers for your 1070TI.

Typically this is caused by an incorrect, duplicate or missing memory fix driver in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.
Also typically caused by Clover upgrades where the user neglects to specify the driver to install.

Waste of time installing Mojave though, there are no drivers for your 1070TI.

Is there any way to fix my issue/revert the update? I can't even boot into my normal partition now... :(

Is there any way to fix my issue/revert the update?

Boot from a USB installer.
or
Connect the drive to another Mac or Hack.

Boot from a USB installer.
or
Connect the drive to another Mac or Hack.
What would I need to do once I'm successfully on? Would I be able to boot from a USB installer running El Capitan?

Would I be able to boot from a USB installer running El Capitan?
You are only booting from the Clover element of the USB installer, it doesn't matter about the OS.
You boot from the USB then at the Clover menu select your hard drive and boot.
Having said that, the Clover on an El Capitan installer is probably too old to boot Mojave.

What would I need to do once I'm successfully on?
You should correct the Clover bootloader.
If you look in the root of your system disk there is a folder called /EFI-Backups where a copy of your entire /EFI folder is stored each time that you update Clover.
Delete the /EFI folder on the EFI partition and replace it with the last backup.

Last edited:
You are only booting from the Clover element of the USB installer, it doesn't matter about the OS.
Having said that, the Clover on an El Capitan installer is probably too old to boot Mojave.

If you look in the root of your system disk there is a folder called /EFI-Backups where a copy of your entire /EFI folder is stored each time that you update Clover.
Delete the /EFI folder on the EFI partition and replace it with the last backup.

Thanks P1lGRIM, I'll give this a try sometime this week when I have some free time! :)

Hi P1LGRIM, I finally had time to try and fix my mistake. I replaced the EFI with the one in the backup. When I boot now though, I don't see my Mac OS partition or the installer I was in the middle of last time - only the Windows pops up...

I also tried using the old config.plist, in case that affected anything but it didnt...

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it...? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back