Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave UHD 630 on i5 8400 issues, have tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the screenshot we can conclude that DP is in Row 1. I would like to try two variations. In the first, we assume HDMI is in Row 2 with BusID 0x02.

Row 1: BusID 0x05, Type DP
Row 2: BusID 0x02, Type HDMI
Row 3: BusID 0x04, Type DP (could be used by VGA port, but unsure)

And if this does not solve the HDMI reboot problem, we can try:

Row 1: BusID 0x05, Type DP
Row 2: BusID 0x01, Type HDMI
Row 3: BusID 0x04, Type DP (could be used by VGA port, but unsure)

The attached config-v4.plist is for the first of these two cases. Please rename and copy it to your CLOVER folder in the EFI Partition of the Mojave SSD. DisplayPort should work so the question is whether plugging HDMI will cause any problems...

Hey CaseySJ, was finally able to test this config. I am able to utilize HDMI with your device settings. I tried unplugging and inserting DisplayPort while booted and get nothing, if this matters (not sure if certain connections have to be in at boot). Let me know if you'd like me to test anything else. Ideally I would be able to utilize both HDMI and DP simultaneously but I cannot test that right now (only 1 monitor).

Hey CaseySJ, was finally able to test this config. I am able to utilize HDMI with your device settings. I tried unplugging and inserting DisplayPort while booted and get nothing, if this matters (not sure if certain connections have to be in at boot). Let me know if you'd like me to test anything else. Ideally I would be able to utilize both HDMI and DP simultaneously but I cannot test that right now (only 1 monitor).
Usually DP hot plug is not an issue, but HDMI hot plug is problematic...

hi, all

i used deskmini310 for my hackintosh for one month

but i have some troubles, can you help me?~

bt+wifi DW1560 Broadcom BCM94352Z

t1.
when it get sleeping mode, my speaker has some noise

t2.
my handoff looks like normal, but it cant transfer contect/web url from my iphone to deskmini310

t3.
when it wake up, it spend more seconds (almost 10s) to get the screen

CaseySJ, aloominiim:
Did you get that system up and running cleanly? I have an i5-8400 that really does not want to use its graphics acceleration.
The problem is due to both motherboard and CPU. Which motherboard are you using? If it's the one in your signature (ASUS ROG B360-I) then please try the Framebuffer patch provided here:

Thanks @CaseySJ, I'm using Asus PrimeH310m-a and my UHD 630 graphic work with your config-v4.plist (HDMI port)
Can I ask what did you do with that config.plist ?

I am also using deskmini 310 & i5-8400. sucess. thank you!

The problem is due to both motherboard and CPU. Which motherboard are you using? If it's the one in your signature (ASUS ROG B360-I) then please try the Framebuffer patch provided here:

View attachment 386913
I used this framebuffer patch and everything works! I took a little extra time to use Hackintool to delineate my "port types" because those do not match the reference motherboard. *I know* that the port type doesn't matter in this case, but I wanted to provide my information in case it is useful.

I have graphics acceleration on my i5-8400 + B360-I ASUS ROG motherboard! I sincerely appreciate the information you've collected and expertise you provided. I am pretty pleased with the performance of the UHD 630 as compared to my 2012 rMBP HD4000 (since the GT650M installed on there barely works anymore).

I have since added an RX 580 and that works great. I am wondering, CaseySJ, since I installed the RX 580, my computer does not wake from sleep. It needs to restart instead. I know this is outside the scope of this thread, but wondered if you might know where to point me?

Attachments

• graphics_retina.PNG
    graphics_retina.PNG
    4.7 KB · Views: 223
  • graphics_geek.PNG
    graphics_geek.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I have since added an RX 580 and that works great. I am wondering, CaseySJ, since I installed the RX 580, my computer does not wake from sleep. It needs to restart instead. I know this is outside the scope of this thread, but wondered if you might know where to point me?
This can be a thorny issue. Numerous factors affect sleep and subsequent wake-from-sleep. Here are some diagnostic questions:
  • First, does Shutdown and Restart work properly?
  • Did Wake work properly before the RX 580 was added?
  • Do you have a custom USB SSDT that defines the USB 2 and USB 3 ports on your system and keeps the total count at 15 or less?
  • Are you using darkwake in your Boot Arguments section of config.plist?
  • Because you have Coffee Lake CPU, is AppleIntelCPUPM checked-on in the Kernel and Kext Patches section of Clover Configurator? And KernelPM?
  • Do you have PluginType checked-on in the lower-right side of ACPI section?

This can be a thorny issue. Numerous factors affect sleep and subsequent wake-from-sleep. Here are some diagnostic questions:
  • First, does Shutdown and Restart work properly?
  • Did Wake work properly before the RX 580 was added?
  • Do you have a custom USB SSDT that defines the USB 2 and USB 3 ports on your system and keeps the total count at 15 or less?
  • Are you using darkwake in your Boot Arguments section of config.plist?
  • Because you have Coffee Lake CPU, is AppleIntelCPUPM checked-on in the Kernel and Kext Patches section of Clover Configurator? And KernelPM?
  • Do you have PluginType checked-on in the lower-right side of ACPI section?
Thanks for the response Casey!
  • Shutdown and restart ...sort of work. I have to unplug my monitor for the computer to boot up.
  • Sleep and wake work (I think) if I use the B360-I display outputs instead of those on the RX 580
  • Yes I have a custom SSDT that keeps ports at 15 (it is a bummer because this requires that I downgrade 2 of my USB ports
  • I am using darkwake=1
  • I will check this tonight
  • I will check this tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back