Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave UHD 630 on i5 8400 issues, have tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the system does not crash, but actually does boot up with a blank screen, if you install TeamViewer or another Remote Desktop/Screen Sharing application, you can connect to the Hackintosh through your real Mac or a Windows PC.
  • If you're willing and able to do this :), login to the Hackintosh remotely using the config.plist I provided in previous post.
  • Then run Intel FB-Patcher, select Framebuffer --> MacOS 10.14 as shown below.
    View attachment 378988
  • Then click the Connectors tab as shown.
    View attachment 378989
  • From the Platform ID pulldown menu, select 0x3E9B0007 as shown.
    View attachment 378991
  • Are any of the rows highlighted in red? If so, please post screenshot.

Here's an example of a row highlighted in red.
View attachment 378993

By the way, you seem to have unreleased versions of Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC!! Did you compile them yourself?

I appreciate your advice on this. I was in the process of doing this, used your config again, booted in with DisplayPort...and the screen did not go black, system is showing 1536VRAM, no more glitching in safari tabs, etc.

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw full acceleration.

I will test this out more and see if there are any more issues and post the final EFI for others, and then marked solved.

Any precautions I should take while in Mojave to make sure this remains the same?

I appreciate your advice on this. I was in the process of doing this, used your config again, booted in with DisplayPort...and the screen did not go black, system is showing 1536VRAM, no more glitching in safari tabs, etc.

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw full acceleration.

I will test this out more and see if there are any more issues and post the final EFI for others, and then marked solved.

Any precautions I should take while in Mojave to make sure this remains the same?
Very glad to hear this! No extra precautions should be necessary, but watch out for potential graphics glitches particularly with third party apps such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. We're not sure how stable the graphics output will be because we've only recently solved the blank-screen problem.

Because I'm still working on the General Framebuffer Patching Guide, I would like to ask some specific questions:
  1. Which config.plist enabled the DisplayPort video? (config.plist, config-v2.plist, or config-v3.plist)
  2. Did DisplayPort video work before -- with acceleration? Or it only worked without acceleration?
  3. Have you tried HDMI now? Does it work?
  4. Do you have the ability to try VGA? If so, does this also work?
Thanks!

Very glad to hear this! No extra precautions should be necessary, but watch out for potential graphics glitches particularly with third party apps such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. We're not sure how stable the graphics output will be because we've only recently solved the blank-screen problem.

Because I'm still working on the General Framebuffer Patching Guide, I would like to ask some specific questions:
  1. Which config.plist enabled the DisplayPort video? (config.plist, config-v2.plist, or config-v3.plist)
  2. Did DisplayPort video work before -- with acceleration? Or it only worked without acceleration?
  3. Have you tried HDMI now? Does it work?
  4. Do you have the ability to try VGA? If so, does this also work?
Thanks!

1. Your 1st send to me of config.plist eventually got it working with acceleration
Although this did not work at first. I don't know what exactly got it working, perhaps some cache got cleared on my clover.
2. Display port never worked with acceleration, nor did HDMI, or VGA...all either didn't boot or got in and no acceleration with 8MB VRAM showing. DP got me in through various configs but never full graphics.
3. I have yet to try HDMI, am still making sure everything is stable before I reboot so I will check that later.
4. I will also check VGA (kinda paranoid about rebooting until I get all odds and ends in place).

p.s. a little bit ago I came back and the computer had restarted itself, and acceleration wasn't working again. After doing a clover install to my main hd partition with your 1st config, I got back in with full 1536 mb graphics. For now I have disabled all sleep settings, screensaver, etc, in case any of those are interfering with my setup.

Also, so far Chrome has been good for me, knock on wood. Have not noticed any glitches so far with browsing, video, etc. If you had anything you wanted me to test in chrome or ff, would gladly do so.

Also, so far Chrome has been good for me, knock on wood. Have not noticed any glitches so far with browsing, video, etc. If you had anything you wanted me to test in chrome or ff, would gladly do so.
Because you now have DisplayPort working with accelerated graphics, it means we can run a more scientific test. When you get a chance, can you please do this:
  • Run Intel FB-Patcher, select Framebuffer from top menu bar, and choose MacOS 10.14 as shown:

Framebuffer.png
  • Select the Connectors tab and choose 0x3E9B0007 from the Platform ID pop-up menu:
    Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 1.12.01 PM.png
  • One of the rows should be highlighted in red. Which row is that? Is it Row 3? (DisplayPort)
  • While keeping DisplayPort cable plugged in, do you have the ability to also connect HDMI to the same or different monitor? If so, pls connect HDMI and see if a different row lights up in red. If so, which Row is that? Is it Row 1?

Because you now have DisplayPort working with accelerated graphics, it means we can run a more scientific test. When you get a chance, can you please do this:
  • Run Intel FB-Patcher, select Framebuffer from top menu bar, and choose MacOS 10.14 as shown:

View attachment 379073
  • Select the Connectors tab and choose 0x3E9B0007 from the Platform ID pop-up menu:
    View attachment 379074
  • One of the rows should be highlighted in red. Which row is that? Is it Row 3? (DisplayPort)
  • While keeping DisplayPort cable plugged in, do you have the ability to also connect HDMI to the same or different monitor? If so, pls connect HDMI and see if a different row lights up in red. If so, which Row is that? Is it Row 1?

Potentially dumb question...where can I get the latest version of Intel FB-Patcher? I got 1.7.1 by headkaze, yet there is no coffee lake option in the dropdown.

EDIT never mind I am seeing it now.

View attachment 379073
    View attachment 379074

Here it is with display port in, 1st row highlighted red.

It should be noted that once I pulled dp, then inserted HDMI, my system instantly restarted. Seems to go in a restart loop until I take HDMI out. It will behave like this even prior to booting, put in HDMI, system crashes/reboots. Does this screenshot look abnormal? Not able to test 2 video connections at a time right now.

1547513847956.png

Here it is with display port in, 1st row highlighted red.

It should be noted that once I pulled dp, then inserted HDMI, my system instantly restarted. Seems to go in a restart loop until I take HDMI out. It will behave like this even prior to booting, put in HDMI, system crashes/reboots. Does this screenshot look abnormal? Not able to test 2 video connections at a time right now.
Based on the screenshot we can conclude that DP is in Row 1. I would like to try two variations. In the first, we assume HDMI is in Row 2 with BusID 0x02.

Row 1: BusID 0x05, Type DP
Row 2: BusID 0x02, Type HDMI
Row 3: BusID 0x04, Type DP (could be used by VGA port, but unsure)

And if this does not solve the HDMI reboot problem, we can try:

Row 1: BusID 0x05, Type DP
Row 2: BusID 0x01, Type HDMI
Row 3: BusID 0x04, Type DP (could be used by VGA port, but unsure)

The attached config-v4.plist is for the first of these two cases. Please rename and copy it to your CLOVER folder in the EFI Partition of the Mojave SSD. DisplayPort should work so the question is whether plugging HDMI will cause any problems...

Attachments

• config-v4.plist
    11.3 KB · Views: 272
I am also using deskmini 310 & i5-8400.

But has been Black screen when install

Can you share EFI with me? Thank you a lot!

Latest EFI, using display port so you may run in to issues with HDMI or VGA. Just got audio working so still need to go through some graphics testing for CaseySJ.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19 MB · Views: 428
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back