Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave UHD 630 on i5 8400 issues, have tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 10.14.2, I would make sure you try ig-platform-id 0x3E9B0007, and if that doesn't work, also try 0x3EA50000 -- those should both be valid for a desktop Coffee Lake CPU with UHD 630. If neither works alone, try each with the FakeID/IntelGFX Device ID set. I'm not completely sure of the format of that, but I think it would be 0x3E9B8086 or 0x3EA58086, respectively.

If none of that works, then perhaps boot with the configuration that gets you in at all, and post an IOReg dump?

For 10.14.2, I would make sure you try ig-platform-id 0x3E9B0007, and if that doesn't work, also try 0x3EA50000 -- those should both be valid for a desktop Coffee Lake CPU with UHD 630. If neither works alone, try each with the FakeID/IntelGFX Device ID set. I'm not completely sure of the format of that, but I think it would be 0x3E9B8086 or 0x3EA58086, respectively.

If none of that works, then perhaps boot with the configuration that gets you in at all, and post an IOReg dump?

I tried every combo of what you suggested and still no dice. They all resulted in black screen. Only going back to “ig-platform-id” changed to 0x59120000 with no fake id got me back in, still no acceleration, I even tried the combo seen here up top:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-enable-kaby-lake-intel-6xx-graphics-10-12-6.225282/page-3

I will try doing an ioreg dump.

IOReg dump attached.

Attachments

• aloominium.ioreg.txt
    190.1 KB · Views: 285
I tried every combo of what you suggested and still no dice. They all resulted in black screen. Only going back to “ig-platform-id” changed to 0x59120000 with no fake id got me back in, still no acceleration, I even tried the combo seen here up top:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-enable-kaby-lake-intel-6xx-graphics-10-12-6.225282/page-3

I will try doing an ioreg dump.
  • When using the ig-platform-id 0x59120000 and [√]Inject-Intel in config.plist_Graphics, have you ever tried at the same time, any FakeID for IntelGFX in config.plist_Devices?
  • If not, try adding 8086 to your Intel HD Graphics ID of 3E92 and use Fake ID Intel GFX [0x3E928086] in config.plist_Devices
  • If you want to do it as a test run before config.plist edit, , you can try that in GraphicsInjector-> in CBM_Options

@aloominium,

If the answers to ALL of the following questions are YES, then please try the attached config.plist:
  • You can use either HDMI or DisplayPort connection (i.e. your monitor has at least one of these inputs and you have the right cable)? The config.plist provided here tries to activate only DP and HDMI for the time being.
  • If you try to boot your system with Platform ID 0x59120000, you get HDMI and/or DisplayPort output, but no graphics acceleration?
  • If you boot with any of the "proper" platform IDs such as 0x3E9B0007, your screen goes blank during the boot process? This does not mean you system crashes, only that video output is blank?
When the screen goes blank like this, have you tried unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI or DP video cable?

If answers to above questions are YES, then try using the attached config.plist (backup existing file, of course) with HDMI connector.

If screen goes blank during boot, or you see "gIOScreenLockState" message (and nothing else after this), then try doing a hot-plug: remove HDMI cable, wait a couple seconds, plug HDMI cable back in. Does it make a difference?

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.9 KB · Views: 237
  • When using the ig-platform-id 0x59120000 and [√]Inject-Intel in config.plist_Graphics, have you ever tried at the same time, any FakeID for IntelGFX in config.plist_Devices?
  • If not, try adding 8086 to your Intel HD Graphics ID of 3E92 and use Fake ID Intel GFX [0x3E928086] in config.plist_Devices
  • If you want to do it as a test run before config.plist edit, , you can try that in GraphicsInjector-> in CBM_Options

I tried that fake id in devices and it gets me in to mojave with no black screen, but still no graphics acceleration and sits at 8mb vram. Thanks for the tip though could be useful with another tweak.

@aloominium,

If the answers to ALL of the following questions are YES, then please try the attached config.plist:
  • You can use either HDMI or DisplayPort connection (i.e. your monitor has at least one of these inputs and you have the right cable)? The config.plist provided here tries to activate only DP and HDMI for the time being.
  • If you try to boot your system with Platform ID 0x59120000, you get HDMI and/or DisplayPort output, but no graphics acceleration?
  • If you boot with any of the "proper" platform IDs such as 0x3E9B0007, your screen goes blank during the boot process? This does not mean you system crashes, only that video output is blank?
When the screen goes blank like this, have you tried unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI or DP video cable?

If answers to above questions are YES, then try using the attached config.plist (backup existing file, of course) with HDMI connector.

If screen goes blank during boot, or you see "gIOScreenLockState" message (and nothing else after this), then try doing a hot-plug: remove HDMI cable, wait a couple seconds, plug HDMI cable back in. Does it make a difference?

Thanks for that config.

Loaded it up, and I indeed get a black screen with either hdmi or dp.

It blacks out at gioscreenlockstate and sounds like it continues to boot.

The first time I tried taking out hdmi for a few seconds and reinserting, the system sounded like it rebooted, although this behavior didn't persist.

Still no full graphics acceleration no matter what.

I tried that fake id in devices and it gets me in to mojave with no black screen, but still no graphics acceleration and sits at 8mb vram. Thanks for the tip though could be useful with another tweak.
Along with the previous steps, try the following ACPI Patches as shown in the uploaded image of CLOVER/config.plist_ACPI_patches +
1.config.plist_ACPI.png

Thanks for that config.

Loaded it up, and I indeed get a black screen with either hdmi or dp.

It blacks out at gioscreenlockstate and sounds like it continues to boot.

The first time I tried taking out hdmi for a few seconds and reinserting, the system sounded like it rebooted, although this behavior didn't persist.

Still no full graphics acceleration no matter what.
Because the system does not crash, but actually does boot up with a blank screen, if you install TeamViewer or another Remote Desktop/Screen Sharing application, you can connect to the Hackintosh through your real Mac or a Windows PC.
  • If you're willing and able to do this :), login to the Hackintosh remotely using the config.plist I provided in previous post.
  • Then run Intel FB-Patcher, select Framebuffer --> MacOS 10.14 as shown below.
    Framebuffer.png
  • Then click the Connectors tab as shown.
    Default Connectors.png
  • From the Platform ID pulldown menu, select 0x3E9B0007 as shown.
    Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 1.12.01 PM.png
  • Are any of the rows highlighted in red? If so, please post screenshot.

Here's an example of a row highlighted in red.
Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 5.41.53 AM.png

By the way, you seem to have unreleased versions of Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC!! Did you compile them yourself?

Last edited:
Update: Based on some new information, I've created 2 new config.plists attached here. The technique described in the post above is still preferred because it takes most of the guesswork out of the equation. But if you like, feel free to try these two files to test DP, HDMI, and even VGA.

Attachments

• config-v2.plist
    10 KB · Views: 226
  • config-v3.plist
    10 KB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back