Motherboard
ASRock DESKMINI 310W
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD630
I got Mojave 10.14.2 installed on an Asrock Deskmini 310 specs seen here:
https://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/DeskMini 310 Series/#Specification

Most of everything is functioning at this point besides for graphics acceleration (currently sits at 8mb in about this mac).

Here are some other specs:
  • Coffe Lake Intel i5 8400
  • Intel UHD 630 Integrated Graphics
  • H310M-STX asrock mobo running latest 3.10 bios update
  • 250GB Samsung 850 Evo Sata
  • Whatevergreen, Lilu, other vanilla recommended kexts in place

What I have tried:
- every conceivable combination of i5 coffee lake ig-platform-id and intelgfx fake ids
- nearly every recommended setting from other threads
- Rehabman's 630 specific config
- another user's exact same deskmini config (resulted in no boot, black screen after boot, or just no acceleration)
- dozens and dozens of other configs attempting 630 specific configs
- any combination of other configs either gets me back to square one or no boot (black screen, restarts, etc)
- every video port is doing the same thing (VGA, HDMI, or DP) but currently sticking to DP at the recommendation of other threads

I initially followed the vanilla install method to a T, but could never get to the Mojave install process. It would consistently blank out my screen prior to Apple's install GUI (giostateconsoleuser : 3 thing).
After doing an inject intel and setting ig-platform-id of 0x59120000

I would be eternally grateful if someone could take a look at my efi/config and recommend any UHD630/i5 8400 specific tweaks. From what I've heard, mojave should recognize it ootb, yet taking away any graphics settings in my config, and/or removing inject intel results in the blank screen issue.

efi folder attached

Attachments

• efi.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 289
There are a lot of things I would change:
  1. You have very few items in drivers64UEFI
  2. You have way more than the minimum needed set of kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other
  3. You have all kinds of stuff in config.plist, I means loads of stuff I'd take out.
But... I can't see how #1 could interfere with graphics acceleration. It's not clear that #2 would either, though if you end up doing much more troubleshooting, it might be worth stripping down all the kexts that aren't needed to boot.

As for #3, I have the config.plist I used to boot an i7-8700 with Mojave and integrated graphics in my guide here -- you would just want to open that config.plist in Clover Configurator and on the SMBIOS screen, hit each of the two "generate new" buttons to fill in the serial number and SMUUID. Then save it and (since you have the ZIP you posted here as a backup) maybe try booting with that config.plist. (The guide as a whole is for a different board, but the config.plist should work for you.)

I got Mojave 10.14.2 installed on an Asrock Deskmini 310 specs seen here:
https://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/DeskMini 310 Series/#Specification

Most of everything is functioning at this point besides for graphics acceleration (currently sits at 8mb in about this mac).

Here are some other specs:
  • Coffe Lake Intel i5 8400
  • Intel UHD 630 Integrated Graphics
  • H310M-STX asrock mobo running latest 3.10 bios update
  • 250GB Samsung 850 Evo Sata
  • Whatevergreen, Lilu, other vanilla recommended kexts in place

What I have tried:
- every conceivable combination of i5 coffee lake ig-platform-id and intelgfx fake ids
- nearly every recommended setting from other threads
- Rehabman's 630 specific config
- another user's exact same deskmini config (resulted in no boot, black screen after boot, or just no acceleration)
- dozens and dozens of other configs attempting 630 specific configs
- any combination of other configs either gets me back to square one or no boot (black screen, restarts, etc)
- every video port is doing the same thing (VGA, HDMI, or DP) but currently sticking to DP at the recommendation of other threads

I initially followed the vanilla install method to a T, but could never get to the Mojave install process. It would consistently blank out my screen prior to Apple's install GUI (giostateconsoleuser : 3 thing).
After doing an inject intel and setting ig-platform-id of 0x59120000

I would be eternally grateful if someone could take a look at my efi/config and recommend any UHD630/i5 8400 specific tweaks. From what I've heard, mojave should recognize it ootb, yet taking away any graphics settings in my config, and/or removing inject intel results in the blank screen issue.

efi folder attached

Please Remove the unnecessary [√]NvidiaWeb from /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist_System Parameters [See edited image]
After saving that edited config.plist boot to Clover Boot Manager Screen >Options> and take photos of Boot Arg: and GrpahicsInjector -> screen to upload and on reaching Desktop make a screen Capture of your System Report..>Graphics & Displays and upload all 3 images.

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_System Parameters .png
    1.config.plist_System Parameters .png
    268.5 KB · Views: 441
3 images of those areas attached, thank you.

Attachments

• sys_report_graphics.JPG
    sys_report_graphics.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
  • boot_arguments.JPG
    boot_arguments.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 302
  • graphics_injector.JPG
    graphics_injector.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 265
3 images of those areas attached, thank you.
Just as a Test of trial that would no harm to your system try the following:

• On reboot go to CBM > Options >Boot Args: type in what is shown in the attached image #1.
  • Go to Graphics Injector> and remove the *-platform-id you have there and reproduce what is shown in the uploaded image [ basically just [√]InjectIntel alone [See attached image #2]
  • Return to CBM and boot your system disk and see if Verbose boot is causing any error to take a photo for analysis or you can login to reach the Desktop and take another Screen Capture of Graphics & Displays to upload to show us the effect of temporary changes in CBM > Options on Intel HD 630 Graphics.

Attachments

• 1. CBM_Options_Boot Args.png
    1. CBM_Options_Boot Args.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 386
  • 2.CBM_)ptiosn_Graphics Injector->.png
    2.CBM_)ptiosn_Graphics Injector->.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 360
Just as a Test of trial that would no harm to your system try the following:

• On reboot go to CBM > Options >Boot Args: type in what is shown in the attached image #1.
  • Go to Graphics Injector> and remove the *-platform-id you have there and reproduce what is shown in the uploaded image [ basically just [√]InjectIntel alone [See attached image #2]
  • Return to CBM and boot your system disk and see if Verbose boot is causing any error to take a photo for analysis or you can login to reach the Desktop and take another Screen Capture of Graphics & Displays to upload to show us the effect of temporary changes in CBM > Options on Intel HD 630 Graphics.

Tried all your suggestions, unfortunately, when I remove that platform-id leaving inject intel checked, I get the ioconsoleusers: gioscreenlockstate:3 message and then my system goes to black screen, switched to HDMI, and VGA, and still the same issue, cannot proceed. Log of boot attached. Thank you.

Attachments

• ioconsoleusers.PNG
    ioconsoleusers.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 234
Tried all your suggestions, unfortunately, when I remove that platform-id leaving inject intel checked, I get the ioconsoleusers: gioscreenlockstate:3 message and then my system goes to black screen, switched to HDMI, and VGA, and still the same issue, cannot proceed. Log of boot attached. Thank you.
  • Reboot will get you back to Deafults
  • You need that ig-p-id. for sure
Please edit kexts/Other as suggested by ammulder . A lot of unwanted kexts are there. Whenever any unexplained problem, always better to eliminate conflicting kexts and configurations.

There are a lot of things I would change:
  1. You have very few items in drivers64UEFI
  2. You have way more than the minimum needed set of kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other
  3. You have all kinds of stuff in config.plist, I means loads of stuff I'd take out.
But... I can't see how #1 could interfere with graphics acceleration. It's not clear that #2 would either, though if you end up doing much more troubleshooting, it might be worth stripping down all the kexts that aren't needed to boot.

As for #3, I have the config.plist I used to boot an i7-8700 with Mojave and integrated graphics in my guide here -- you would just want to open that config.plist in Clover Configurator and on the SMBIOS screen, hit each of the two "generate new" buttons to fill in the serial number and SMUUID. Then save it and (since you have the ZIP you posted here as a backup) maybe try booting with that config.plist. (The guide as a whole is for a different board, but the config.plist should work for you.)

Thanks for your reply.

I took out all the kexts except for the vanilla install recommended default ones, as well as a few bluetooth related. I utilized your config from your guide, initially I got a blank screen, but after one change of ig-platform-id back to 0x59120000 I got back in. Still no graphics acceleration though, sit at 8MB vram still. Any other suggestions? I am starting to believe that something with my hardware simply won't get me acceleration in mojave.

OK, can you send a ZIP of your EFI directory as it stands now (including the config.plist you're working with), and also a photo of the BIOS screen that has the video settings on it? For my ASRock I think it's under Advanced / Chipset Configuration, though I'm not sure whether yours would be the same.

OK, can you send a ZIP of your EFI directory as it stands now (including the config.plist you're working with), and also a photo of the BIOS screen that has the video settings on it? For my ASRock I think it's under Advanced / Chipset Configuration, though I'm not sure whether yours would be the same.

My gpu options in asrock bios is fairly sparse, but I have attached images of the chipset page. The only thing close to a graphics setting is "share memory". I've tried tweaking that, starting with 128mb, but no change in graphics once in mojave. Newest efi attached.

Attachments

• IMG_6757.JPG
    IMG_6757.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 312
  • IMG_6758.JPG
    IMG_6758.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 282
  • efi 2.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 134
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back