Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave UHD 630 on i5 8400 issues, have tried everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the response Casey!
  • Shutdown and restart ...sort of work. I have to unplug my monitor for the computer to boot up.
  • Sleep and wake work (I think) if I use the B360-I display outputs instead of those on the RX 580
  • Yes I have a custom SSDT that keeps ports at 15 (it is a bummer because this requires that I downgrade 2 of my USB ports
  • I am using darkwake=1
  • I will check this tonight
  • I will check this tonight
  • Shutdown and restart ...sort of work. I have to unplug my monitor for the computer to boot up.
  • Sleep and wake work (I think) if I use the B360-I display outputs instead of those on the RX 580
  • Yes I have a custom SSDT that keeps ports at 15 (it is a bummer because this requires that I downgrade 2 of my USB ports
  • I am using darkwake=1
  • Yes, I have those checked
  • Yes, I have plugintype checked.
Hi Casey, I have uploaded my config. I should say, I do not have a custom SSDT for ports. I have a kext generated by Hackintool.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 152
  • USBMap.kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 121
  • I am using darkwake=1
  • Yes, I have those checked
  • Yes, I have plugintype checked.
Hi Casey, I have uploaded my config. I should say, I do not have a custom SSDT for ports. I have a kext generated by Hackintool.
Some questions:
  • Are you using AppleALC for audio?
    • You have "FixHDA" checked-on in ACPI. Do you require this? If not, please disable.
    • For audio, you may need "Change HDAS to HDEF" for AppleALC. I've added this, but with Disable checked-on.
  • By the way, Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC were all updated 1-2 days ago so you may upgrade to latest versions if you like. Please follow this guide for installing third-party kexts into /L/E.
  • Are you using USBInjectAll 0.7.1? (You can right-click on it from Finder and select "Get Info".)
  • Because you have the USB SSDT, I've disabled the USB port limit patch in your config.plist.
  • I've also removed the boot flag -lilubetaall because of the warning in the Lilu readme:
    • Add -lilubetaall to enable Lilu and all loaded plugins on unsupported os versions (use very carefully).
  • I've removed "Change IGFX to IGPU" and "Change PEGP to GFX0" because WhateverGreen will do this.
  • Removed "darkwake=1".
Attached is a modified config.plist that you may rename and try. Your motherboard may also need:
  • EmuVariableUefi-64 with RC scripts.
  • A different Aptio memory fix driver such as OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.

Attachments

• config-t968rs.plist
    9.9 KB · Views: 149
Hi friends ...
I have problem about my dual monitors.
I use Gigabyte AORUS Gaming K3 mb. i7 8700 cpu. Onboard UHD630.
And I have dual monitors. One of them connected from HDMI and the other one is DVI.
But when my Mojave boot one of monitor (which is connected from HDMI) turns to completely green.
It returns to normal after some seconds. But after login horizontal dashed lines appears. When I remove HDMI cable from one of monitor and plug in , issue resolves.
I use your config_v4 .
IMG_0128.jpg

@umutaga, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Hey @CaseySJ I am running into the same problem again. When my computer goes to sleep, it basically turns off. And it won't boot when my Displayport cable is plugged in. I have attached my EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.4 MB · Views: 213
Hey CaseySJ, was finally able to test this config. I am able to utilize HDMI with your device settings. I tried unplugging and inserting DisplayPort while booted and get nothing, if this matters (not sure if certain connections have to be in at boot). Let me know if you'd like me to test anything else. Ideally I would be able to utilize both HDMI and DP simultaneously but I cannot test that right now (only 1 monitor).
Hello, my Deskmini has same your problem. My CPU is I5 8400 too, so could you share your EFI pls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back