Contribute
Register

mojave to Catalina won't go past Universal NO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again.
Let's see: I'm not using the SSDTs nor the USBInjectAll. Instead of using those, I converted them to the USBPorts.kext. (Just seems cleaner.)
My Clover is 5102
I see I'm "one down" on Lilu and WhateverGreen (1.4.1 and 1.3.5) but it won't hurt to update.
I use FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC.

That said, I think your advice to whittle it down makes perfect sense!

try without that USBPorts.kext too, you can always re add it..

Well...some modest success, but still no joy. The problem with the "prohibited" sign during boot turned out to be because I was working on a clone of my built-in Nvme boot drive. I -finally!- realized that the clone had the NVRAM from the boot drive... pointing the startup drive to the Nvme, instead of to the clone, where the install was made.

So, while booted from the Nvme, I mounted the clone and set the boot drive to it. Then I copied that updated NVRAM plist to the clone. Then I tried booting from the clone, which now properly pointed to itself as the boot drive.

And doing that got me past the dead-end of failing to find the boot disk.

Unfortunately, while during boot I get well past the point of the "prohibited" sign, and the black screen with the white apple and the thermometer crawls slowly to the very end, after several minutes pass.

But then it just sits there. I'm going to let it sit overnight, and go to bed, since I'm too tired to sit here watching it.

So: changed one problem for another... but at least that, eh? :)

Thanks again to one and all.

Last edited:
what method are you using for connecting your monitor to your graphics card, I don't have experience with the Vega 64 8GB but with the RX 5700 XT I needed to add boot args to get it working.

agdpmod=pikera shikigva=16 got mine booted and Apple TV working too

OK... I am sure you track it down. it's probably something simple that you are missing, this can happen. let us know when you get it resolved..from the list of hardware you are using, it should be slam dunk... BIOS settings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back