Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

Seems to be a lot of people having issues with DisplayPort not working after upgrading to Catalina, but HDMI still does - and I'm one of them.

Everything else works - just not DisplayPort

Have been struggling to find answers on any other threads as to how to fix, and I can't work out how to get it working.

How did you solve your issue and do you have any ideas for me? Any help would be awesome.

My System
1570848488104.png

I copied this build:

EDIT
====
Added my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Hello,

I have the same problem and i had to pass my SMBIOS 18.2 to Mac mini 7.1. (All iMac SMBIOS tested don't work with DPport and HDMI for me, only DVI work)

I hope I can pass again to iMac 18.2. it Match better with my I5 7400.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have the same problem and i had to pass my SMBIOS 18.2 to Mac mini 7.1. (All iMac SMBIOS tested don't work with DPport and HDMI for me, only DVI work)

I hope I can pass again to iMac 18.2. it Match better with my I5 7400.
Wow - thats going a long way back for my i9-9900 - I think I'll stick with the HDMI until @MacMan gets back from his Vacation! (I copied his build so he's likely to find a fix.

Thanks for the help!

Found out switching to iMac19,1 dosen't fix my problem.

My build:
Asrock z370 gaming itx/ac
i3 8100
Only Intel UHD630

When using Mojave, both HDMI, DP work, after upgrading to Catalina, DP just black out after every time a login.
If I unplug and plug the DP cable, screen comes back, and then black out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To solve the problem, how can I do some informative logging and get things clear, at least I can provide more detail information I guru to help me out.

Found out switching to iMac19,1 dosen't fix my problem.

My build:
Asrock z370 gaming itx/ac
i3 8100
Only Intel UHD630

When using Mojave, both HDMI, DP work, after upgrading to Catalina, DP just black out after every time a login.
If I unplug and plug the DP cable, screen comes back, and then black out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To solve the problem, how can I do some informative logging and get things clear, at least I can provide more detail information I guru to help me out.
19,1 doesn’t work with DP. On some advice I switched to the Mac Pro late 2012 (12,1 or2?) and it all works again.
Give it a try

wow switching from 19,2 to Mac Pro late 2013 awoke my 2 other screens ! amazing

wow switching from 19,2 to Mac Pro late 2013 awoke my 2 other screens ! amazing

@MacMan I know that Displayport works on the earlier SMBIOS, any idea why it doesn't work on the later SMBIOS version and do you think we will get any performance issues if the HAckintosh thinks its older?

I fix this issue changing my iMac19,1 for a Mac Pro(Late 2013) on my config.plist.
And how is that done? I have Mac Pro 5.1 from 2012 with this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back