Contribute
Register

Mojave the best and final version of Macos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the CSR hack is when you disable system integrity protection, like we do on our hackintosh.

Thank God Jony Ive left, lots of design failure. I am hoping now we will see thicker laptops with more ports and a good keyboard.

Indeed it was SIP. Perhaps I should have said SIP not CSR, truth to tell I forgot what is was and had to refer to my config.plist. What happens when you get to be old I s'pose.

Don't agree. Lots of his stuff was pretty but useless, but I think his contribution to Apple product design is under-rated, and we will see the results of his absence when Apple believe they no longer need him or his new company. Someone who is sufficienty arrogant to nap during meetings is already telling people Apple doesn't need him after all.

It's that opinions thing again I suppose. Mine is that Apple are heading towards a huge problem. Maybe 2 years away and they can't fix it because they don't understand what's caused it.

Ultimately, it's what you don't know that hurts you - one of the very few things I do know...

Last edited:
... perhaps some kind soul with a similarly aged H97N will send me a SSDT file for the USB patch, but unless they do, I'll stick with what I have.
I copied my USB SSDT.aml files from my 4th-gen Haswell mini-ITX computer with a H87N motherboard. The files were made per RehabMan's instructions and have worked since 2014 for me. The attached zip file below contains a screenshot of H87N and H97N specs (looks like the motherboard USB ports are the same). It also contains my two SSDT.aml files from the "ACPI/patched" folder of my EFI/CLOVER folder. If you use these, for them to work properly you need to disable any port limit kext patch in your config.plist. After putting the SSDT files on your computer I would recommend looking at IORegistryExplorer to verify that the ports are set up correctly for you.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    336.2 KB · Views: 36
I copied my USB SSDT.aml files from my 4th-gen Haswell mini-ITX computer with a H87N motherboard. The files were made per RehabMan's instructions and have worked since 2014 for me. The attached zip file below contains a screenshot of H87N and H97N specs (looks like the motherboard USB ports are the same). It also contains my two SSDT.aml files from the "ACPI/patched" folder of my EFI/CLOVER folder. If you use these, for them to work properly you need to disable any port limit kext patch in your config.plist. After putting the SSDT files on your computer I would recommend looking at IORegistryExplorer to verify that the ports are set up correctly for you.

That's very kind of you, thanks a lot, I'll have a look at it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back