Gigabyte z370 Ultra Gaming 2.0
CPU
i9-9770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello fellow hackintoshers!

After having set up a working Mojave on my hack everything's gone haywire after tinkering with enabling usb ports according to the guides. Now I can't boot anything else but Windows 10. I already tried the following:

-updating BIOS several times (currently running F13)
-using all OSXAptioFix versions (2,3 2000)
-checking RAM modules (according to Windows it's ok)
-trying to boot with only the Mojave USB installer (not altered in any way, the stick worked at first to update from High Sierra to Mojave) and one SSD(crashes, see pictures)
-booting in single user and in safe mode (just ends booting capslock no longer working, sometimes restarts immediately)

I also replaced FakeSMC with VirtualSMC, but having FakeSMC remaining on my OS X backup, which I can't reach either anymore.
I either end up with a lot of +++++, stuck at couldn't allocate runtime area or at PXSX cannot assert wake from D3cold.
Normally I find the solution to my problems reading other users posts with similar problems, but now I'm giving up after 3 days straight trying to set my mashine up and running again. It really bothers me because before my attempts to perfect my hack everything went smoothly.

I'd really appreciate some help because I consider myself experienced but more on a trial-and-error base.
The attached EFI may look very crude, so please bare with me since I only can access my EFI through Windows (using diskpart) adding/deleting kexts, .efi etc.

Thank you in advance,
sVendetta

Attachments

• Alle Dateien.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 168
  • EFI.zip
    28.3 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Nobody..? Bump...
Ok. I'll get more specific. Here are my BIOS settings (F13, z370 Ultra Gaming 2.0):

- XMPMemory is set to Profile 1
- Legacy USB support is set to auto (enabled didn't make any difference whatsoever)
- XHCI Hands-Off is enabled
- Wake on LAN disabled
- VT-d is Disabled
- Above 4G Decoding is Enabled
- Primary Display is PCIE 1 (RX580 sits on PCIx 1)
- Secure boot state disabled
- SATA is set to UEFI (by default)
- Onboard graphics is set to Auto (also tried to "enable" with 32/64 MB minimum and 256 MB max.)
- Onboard sound (ALC1220) is set to enabled
- Thunderbolt is set to enabled (Alpine Ridge runs my Apollo Thunderbolt audio interface, worked in High Sierra and my previous Mojave, also in Windows 10 w/o any problems except hotplugging)

All mainboard/USB/LAN/Chipset/Thunderbolt drivers/ drivers are up to date.
So. Maybe there is more I need to add in order to make it possible for someone to help me out. Please tell me if I forgot something. Thank you in advance,

sVendetta

Last edited:
I figured it out on my own. Never mind... I removed one of the RAM sticks and luckily found an old High Sierra USB stick with the Unibeast installer unaltered. I could boot into my backup and from there could repair the damages I've done. It saddens me a little that nobody tried to help. Better luck next time I guess...

I figured it out on my own. Never mind... I removed one of the RAM sticks and luckily found an old High Sierra USB stick with the Unibeast installer unaltered. I could boot into my backup and from there could repair the damages I've done. It saddens me a little that nobody tried to help. Better luck next time I guess...

Hey sVendetta, what did you have to do to solve the issue? I'm trying to install Catalina from Mojave and struggling. It gets stuck at PXSX cannot assert wake.

Hey sVendetta, what did you have to do to solve the issue? I'm trying to install Catalina from Mojave and struggling. It gets stuck at PXSX cannot assert wake.
Hi! I don't remember at this point the exact measures taken. In the clover options under pci there is a usb ownership option that needed to be checked for the install to work, I think this is what you could try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back