Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
DELL RW203
CPU
2x Xeon X5450 overclocked to 3.5GHz
Graphics
GTX1050
First off hello, after installing Mojave on my system and doing some tuning I stumbled upon this issue. I booted Mojave with verbose and no compatibility check (also I did replace the telemetry plugin for SSE4.2 compatibility reasons, BIOS settings are also sorted out) and it runs through the process regularly and when it comes to the Apple logo and progress bar it stays at 0% and I can move the mouse cursor until I click. My EFI folder is attached.

Specs:
Dell Precision T5400
2x Xeon X5450's
32GB DDR2 ECC
GTX1050 2GB

Don't mind my messy EFI folder, I am setting up a Hackintosh for the third time and this one just keeps fighting back :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
Your Nvidia GTX 1050 is not compatible with macOS Mojave. You need to use the NVIDIA Web Drivers with this discrete graphics card and they will never be released for any new versions of macOS.

The last version of macOS to support the use of the NVIDIA Web Drivers was High Sierra 10.13.6. I would recommend you download and install macOS High Sierra or change the discrete graphics card for one that is macOS Mojave compatible, i.e. an old Nvidia Kepler series card or AMD Radeon HD7000 series or newer.

Check this GPU Buyers guide for more information - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/

Your Nvidia GTX 1050 is not compatible with macOS Mojave. You need to use the NVIDIA Web Drivers with this discrete graphics card and they will never be released for any new versions of macOS.

The last version of macOS to support the use of the NVIDIA Web Drivers was High Sierra 10.13.6. I would recommend you download and install macOS High Sierra or change the discrete graphics card for one that is macOS Mojave compatible, i.e. an old Nvidia Kepler series card or AMD Radeon HD7000 series or newer.

Check this GPU Buyers guide for more information - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/
I had some issues with High Sierra lag, that's why I switched to Mojave but didn't read the guide sadly. Any suggestions regarding that lag?

Not sure what you mean by 'Lag'.

There are too many variables for me to guess the correct reason for graphics lag, if that is what you mean.

Post a copy of your High Sierra CLOVER or OC folder and we can maybe see what the issue is. It would also help if you expanded on the problem you were seeing in High Sierra.

You need to confirm the version of High Sierra you are running, I don't mean 10.13.6 but the version number that appears when you click on the word Version below the macOS title on the 'About this Mac' screen, as shown below.

Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 00.09.08.png

The reason the version number is important is that each and every version of High Sierra requires a different version of the NVIDIA Web Drivers. Using the wrong drivers is the most likely reason for issues with your Nvidia card.

Then there is the chance you are using incorrect config.plist settings and old kexts/patches/boot arguments that are clashing, these could all be causing graphics issues, which you see as 'Lag'.

First off hello, after installing Mojave on my system and doing some tuning I stumbled upon this issue. I booted Mojave with verbose and no compatibility check (also I did replace the telemetry plugin for SSE4.2 compatibility reasons, BIOS settings are also sorted out) and it runs through the process regularly and when it comes to the Apple logo and progress bar it stays at 0% and I can move the mouse cursor until I click. My EFI folder is attached.

Specs:
Dell Precision T5400
2x Xeon X5450's
32GB DDR2 ECC
GTX1050 2GB

Don't mind my messy EFI folder, I am setting up a Hackintosh for the third time and this one just keeps fighting back :)

You could try adding these lines into your Kernel section:

CPUID1Data: 76060100 00000000 00000000 00000000
CPUID1Mask: FFFFFFFF 00000000 00000000 00000000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back