Contribute
Register

Mojave startup problems after installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-A
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi There fellow hackingtoshers!

Im trying to set upp my first hackintosh ever! (With Mojave)
I have encountered a some problems but solved them on the way until this problem occurred.

My Computer specs:

Asus Z97-A
I7 4770K
32Gb Ram
MSI GeForce 710 GT (Epic i know)
Samsung 250 SSD + 2 Sata disks

Believe it or not, once upon a time i actually worked as technical support for apple. =)

Okey, I mainly tried to follow these two guides:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...97-a-i3-4340-hd4600-thunderbolt-ex-ii.136796/

I have created the usb on my Macbook Pro 2015. With Multibeast
Uppdated Bios settings (Bios 1205)
Fixed NV Grapic card issue with help from a file from Clover Configurator.
Formated my SSD (GUID and Jornaled) with disk utility in install mode and started the installation.

The installation goes on and the computer shuts down, i boot from USB again and continue from SSD but after two restarts (i think) my ssd disappears in the clover boot screen. (Picture) i can only se the usb disk and my Sata disks. When i start again from usb i come to installation of mac osx again and from Disk Utility i can se my SSD and that it probably have installed the OSX on it since it has 11 gigabytes taken on the drive. (Picture)

From my Bios i can chose the boot drive but when choosing SSD (OSX) it comes to a black screen with a typing line on the upper left. (Picture)

Here i am stucked right now.

Anyone having the same issue? Have i missed something from the guid?

Thanks for your help!

. IMG_20181109_030558.jpgIMG_20181109_030558.jpgIMG_20181109_124600.jpgIMG_20181109_141714.jpgIMG_20181109_150133.jpg

Hi there! Fixed it by adding this files in Clover configurator to my boot usb:

ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

Successfully manage to intall OSX and get to the start page of Mojave.
I ran Multibeast and restarted. I am now not able to come back in to the OS... In Clover (from the new disk) No startup option is available but other ntsf formated disks. And the usb won't boot clover suddenly?

I think i have solved this now by disconnecting my SSD from the computer I'm am suddenly available to start from Clover usb again.

I will now try to remove my ssd, connect it to my macbook and format it, put it back and make the fresh installation OSX process again. This time i will install Clover configurator when i get in the dashboard and add all the extra files i mention plus the graphic card fix. (same as i did on the boot usb) I think the new installed OSX drive (that will take over boot from usb now) won't get the boot files it needs to start up again, and that you will have to manually put the files there when you get to the OS after the installation.

I will try this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back