I7-8700K
Graphics
Nvidia 2080 Super
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I'm trying to complete a hackintosh build and am wondering if I should use an already existing MSI Rx480 8GB or go with a new Rx580? I'm not playing games. I'll be using the machine to do development, web design, and graphics design. I have two 27" monitors - one is a 2k/60Mhz and the other is a 1080p 144Mhz. Does the Rx480 support hardware acceleration in Mojave? Any issues with it? I also have a GTX 1080 but was worried it wouldn't work as well on Mojave.

Last edited:
Hello!

I'm trying to complete a hackintosh build and am wondering if I should use an already existing MSI Rx480 8GB or go with a new Rx580? I'm not playing games. I'll be using the machine to do development, web design, and graphics design. I have two 27" monitors - one is a 2k/60Mhz and the other is a 1080p 144Mhz. Does the Rx480 support hardware acceleration in Mojave? Any issues with it? I also have a GTX 1080 but was worried it wouldn't work as well on Mojave.

GTX 1080 won’t work unless they release web drivers for Mojave.
RX 480 works well in Mojave. You should try it before you buy a RX 580 because it may support all your needs. The 580 is the same card but with higher clockspeeds. But it may support higher resolutions at better frame rates.

RX 480 works well in Mojave. You should try it before you buy a RX 580 because it may support all your needs. The 580 is the same card but with higher clockspeeds. But it may support higher resolutions at better frame rates.

Thanks so much for the information. I'm sad to hear about my GTX 1080, but its ok. I'm not really playing games so framerates don't matter. This makes me more interested in the Rx480 as it should do everything I need.

I'm using rx580, works fine for video editing.

I’ve been using a MSI RX480 8GB and this is what happened after about a couple of weeks using it.

If a card is supported, why does this happen?

I’ve been using a MSI RX480 8GB and this is what happened after about a couple of weeks using it.
View attachment 391209
If a card is supported, why does this happen?

Does it still work in windows? Is it a used miner card?
I’ve had the green screen before but on a Vega card. Solved it by configuration of ports.

My RX 480 catalina work fine, but after wake up from sleep sometimes I have a problem:
- Laggy
- In the display when viewing the video there are pink / purple lines
- and Shadow retention (see my video)

How to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back