Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 UD AX
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a weird display bug that I cant find any info on, so Im guessing its hackintosh related. I have 2 monitors ( an Asus 4k monitor, and a monoprice 1440p monitor, both using DP).The 1440p monitor is rotated and so I set the rotation in the preferences to match. The problem is that on every restart, the 1440p monitor loads with a weird bug where it is no longer showing the image rotated, but the mouse movement is still rotated (image is back to standard, but mouse is still as though rotated, so up moves up, down moves down etc). I cannot find anything on this. I then have to fix this by going to preferences and setting the display back to normal mode (it still shows as being rotated in settings), and then rotating again.

@nineniner,

Yup its a bug thats been around for quite a while now ....
I had the same problem, this is the workaround that I use :-

Cheers
Jay

@nineniner,

Yup its a bug thats been around for quite a while now ....
I had the same problem, this is the workaround that I use :-

Cheers
Jay

Hey, I found a solution that worked for me on ******, and looks like it actually addresses the problem rather than just running a script that resets it on each restart. I added this to my "kernel and kext Patches"
  • Name : com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
  • Find: BA000000 00
  • Replace : BA050000 00

Ahh never mind got it in clover, completely forgot we can easily enter it there... I was trying to figure out how to correctly code it in from a txt editor

Thanks for the kext patch, instantly solved my screen rotation issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back