Contribute
Register

Mojave running on Clover, i9700, RX580, Gigabyte Z390UD - how do I update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390UD
CPU
Intel i9700
Graphics
Radeon RX580
Hi all,

Newbie here - desperate for help. I think I am messing up my EFI folder as the install gets part way through then stops every time.
I have cut and pasted a lot and also just winged it completely as I don't know what I am doing!
Thing is, I need Big Sur installed ASAP - I have cloned my original drive just in case, but if anyone can help with the above specs on how to get it to install I would be very grateful.
I have the OS installer on a bootable USB, but after that I'm not sure I am doing anything right!

Help!

Thanks

H

Hi all,

Newbie here - desperate for help. I think I am messing up my EFI folder as the install gets part way through then stops every time.
I have cut and pasted a lot and also just winged it completely as I don't know what I am doing!
Thing is, I need Big Sur installed ASAP - I have cloned my original drive just in case, but if anyone can help with the above specs on how to get it to install I would be very grateful.
I have the OS installer on a bootable USB, but after that I'm not sure I am doing anything right!

Help!

Thanks

H
Big Sur needs OpenCore or Clover 5124 and later (which incorporates OpenCore elements) to boot and run.

Have you upgraded your bootloader?

Big Sur needs OpenCore or Clover 5124 and later (which incorporates OpenCore elements) to boot and run.

Have you upgraded your bootloader?
I've watched so many tutorials I have got completely confused by the whole thing!
I have used CCC to clone my MacOS partition in case anything goes completely wrong (and it boots fine from it standalone) so I am happy to erase the drive and start from a clean install.

I notice your setup (Current Build : Z390 Designare | i7 9700KF | RX 580 Pulse Lite)
is very similar, are you running Big Sur on it ok?

I've watched so many tutorials I have got completely confused by the whole thing!
I have used CCC to clone my MacOS partition in case anything goes completely wrong (and it boots fine from it standalone) so I am happy to erase the drive and start from a clean install.

I notice your setup (Current Build : Z390 Designare | i7 9700KF | RX 580 Pulse Lite)
is very similar, are you running Big Sur on it ok?
I am not running, and will not run Big Sur on my machines, due to problems with VMware Fusion and its lack of standalone updates.

I am currently running Sierra / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina on my current build using Clover. I have never used OpenCore myself and so I am afraid I may not be able to help in that.

But my system should be able to run Big Sur just fine as shown by this build :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back