Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370 DS3H
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630
Hey guys,
I am having trouble on my new pc trying to install Mojave. When I want to install the installer on my Ssd (after the installer launching on the USB), my system wil reboot in the beginning of the installing saying 15 minutes remaining. I used the Mojave installation guide
My components;
-I5 8500
-Gigabyte H370 DS3H
-Ballistix LT sport 2x8
-Be quiet pure power 10 400w
I hope you can help me, thanks in advance!

Hey guys,
I am having trouble on my new pc trying to install Mojave. When I want to install the installer on my Ssd (after the installer launching on the USB), my system wil reboot in the beginning of the installing saying 15 minutes remaining. I used the Mojave installation guide
My components;
-I5 8500
-Gigabyte H370 DS3H
-Ballistix LT sport 2x8
-Be quiet pure power 10 400w
I hope you can help me, thanks in advance!
  • First, please add your System Hardware listed on this thread to your Personal Details according to the Forum rules to enable them to be found throughout the troubleshoot without having to scroll back to this First thread to find.
  • It is possible you did not Format the SSD in APFS but did it as HFS+J .
    • Mojave unlike its predecessors, requires APFS on the target HDD.
  • Some Intel 300-Series Motherboards have some other issues with the contents of CLOVER/drivers64UEFI that can affect Installations problem.

Last edited:
  • First, please add your System Hardware listed on this thread to your Personal Details according to the Forum rules to enable them to be found throughout the troubleshoot without having to scroll back to this First thread to find.
  • It is possible you did not Format the SSD in APFS but did it as HFS+J .
    • Mojave unlike its predecessors, requires APFS on the target HDD.
  • Some Intel 300-Series Motherboards have some other issues with the contents of CLOVER/drivers64UEFI that can affect Installations problem.
Hey Cmn699,
Thanks for your reply, I formatted the ssd in AFPS and that solved the problem. Now I got another problem...
I installed Mac OS but cannot correctly boot without the USB. The apple logo will come up and then load to around 75% and then will turn off and not reboot again. I booted in verbose and took a picture of it, maybe you can help me with it.
Also when I boot from the USB it works but when I open MultiBeast everything is back to what it was the first time.
Also the system is fast but not smooth, when I open for instance Safari it doesn't come up smooth but a bit laggy.
I uploaded the Config.Plist below and also the picture of the verbose mode. Hope you can help me, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot_20190101-225054_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190101-225054_Video Player.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
Hey Cmn699,
Thanks for your reply, I formatted the ssd in AFPS and that solved the problem. Now I got another problem...
I installed Mac OS but cannot correctly boot without the USB. The apple logo will come up and then load to around 75% and then will turn off and not reboot again. I booted in verbose and took a picture of it, maybe you can help me with it.
Also when I boot from the USB it works but when I open MultiBeast everything is back to what it was the first time.
Also the system is fast but not smooth, when I open for instance Safari it doesn't come up smooth but a bit laggy.
I uploaded the Config.Plist below and also the picture of the verbose mode. Hope you can help me, thanks in advance!
I uploaded the Config.Plist below and also the picture of the verbose mode

• The verbose boot indicates a problem loading Graphics. [See edited image]
  • Is the uploaded config.plist from your System Hard disk's EFI>EFI>CLOVER? or is it from the USB Installer that was used to install the System on the hard disk?
    • Trying to interpret reboot problem or Graphics or other issues based solely on an uploaded config.plist without checking the whole CLOVER, is like trying to diagnose a heart attack by the patient's telephonic report of his chest pain and rapid pulse by a doctor who has not seen the patient and did not get a current EKG or blood test report to correlate with patient's chest pain!
  • Also when I boot from the USB it works but when I open MultiBeast everything is back to what it was the first time.
If the USB Installer use causes the boot to go smoothly without the Verbose boot error you have uploaded, you can use the EFI Folder from the USB Installer and paste to replace the EFI Folder inside the EFI Partition of the System Hard disk.

Since the EFI partitions of Installer USB and System SSD are hidden , you need to use a tool to unhide them and get them mounted on the desktop to navigate like EFI>EFI.

EFI Mounter V3 can be used to Mount EFI of both disks (white EFI icon from USB and dark one from SSD) on the desktop

Open the SSD's EFI Partition and delete its EFI Folder
Next open EFI of USB and copy its EFI Folder and paste on the EFI Partition of the SSD to replace what you have removed.
Try booting the System SSD in Verbose Mode and post any problem verbose screen and explain your current problems if any with the Mojave System Disk.

Attachments

• 1.Verbose Boot Forum.png
    1.Verbose Boot Forum.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
Doesn't Mojave convert the partition to APFS anyway even if we format it differently?

I'm facing a similar problem, but I didn't think the partition thing could have any change on the process. Besides, why doesn't the official guides warn you about that? Does it only apply to SSDs?

Last edited:
Doesn't Mojave convert the partition to APFS anyway even if we format it differently?

I'm facing a similar problem, but I didn't think this could change anything.

• This is an ongoing troubleshoot where the OP has gone beyond the posted problem using the fix suggested and trying to fix another issue that is being addressed in the above response. OP has stated
    I formatted the ssd in AFPS and that solved the problem. Now I got another problem..
  • Please edit your Profile with all the required information as per the Forum Rules and start your own thread instead of disrupting this one by interjecting with your opinion providing no evidence.
Besides, why doesn't the official guides warn you about that? Does it only apply to SSDs?

As I understand , the "Official GUIDE" is NOT an Installation Manual Specifically for your Set of hardware but has worked well on a large number of "Customacs" tested and used by a large number without any problems. Please note all Motherboards are not created equal!
I will let the Moderators make their comment on your specific grievance.

Hey cmn699,
Thanks!! You are really helping me out! The trick of switching clover files worked out. I had to make sure dat I unmounted the disk after I copied the Clover file and eject the usb before replacing, otherwise it wouldn't work I believe.
Everything is working with my hackintosh I believe.

But the hackintosch feels laggy when opening, closing, adjusting and shaking windows.

And is it normal that after I installed multibeast and installed settings and I open multibeast again after reboot that all the settings that I previously installed are gone?

I uploaded my EFI so you can maybe check those problems?

Anyway thanks for your help already! How can I thank you :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.3 MB · Views: 99
Hey cmn699,
Thanks!! You are really helping me out! The trick of switching clover files worked out. I had to make sure dat I unmounted the disk after I copied the Clover file and eject the usb before replacing, otherwise it wouldn't work I believe.
Everything is working with my hackintosh I believe.

But the hackintosch feels laggy when opening, closing, adjusting and shaking windows.

And is it normal that after I installed multibeast and installed settings and I open multibeast again after reboot that all the settings that I previously installed are gone?

I uploaded my EFI so you can maybe check those problems?

Anyway thanks for your help already! How can I thank you :)

Is this the EFI Folder from your Mojave SSD after you had run Multibeast on it? Is the System disk booting without the USB Installer?

I will be checking the EFI in detail.
But please answer the above 2 questions to make sure I understand how your current system is set up.

Is this the EFI Folder from your Mojave SSD after you had run Multibeast on it? Is the System disk booting without the USB Installer?

I will be checking the EFI in detail.
But please answer the above 2 questions to make sure I understand how your current system is set up.
Yes this is the EFI Folder from Mojave SSD and my system boots without the usb.
EDIT: I also ran Multibeast

Last edited:
Yes this is the EFI Folder from Mojave SSD and my system boots without the usb.
  • Your CLOVER folder has multiple problems related to Graphics that can cause the symptoms you described in your post
  • I will edit and upload the CLOVER as zipped.
  • You need to Unzip and use this to Replace the one inside the EFI Partition of the SSD using previously used steps in CCG.
  • In addition, I want you to install the following kexts (the latest) in your /Library/Extensions folder using KextBeast
    • Lilu.kext
    • Whatevergreen.kext
    • AppleAlc.kext
    • XHCIunsupported.kext
    • USBInjectALL.kext
    • IntelMauseEthernet.kext
Please note: the CLOVER/kexts/Other Folder I will be uploading has all these kexts. First you can copy and paste them all on the Desktop and then drag and drop them on to KextBeast for installing.

If you don't want to wait for my upload, you can search and find from Tonymac Downloads and elsewhere and install them to the /Library /Extensions using KextBeast from Tonymac.

• You may have to wait a while for me to upload the edited EFI.zip
Edit: attaching Edited EFI.zip
I hope this helps . Please note I don't have your MoBo and CPU to be sure this will work for you. Give it a try and report the response.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back