CPU
i5-7600T/i7-8700
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All,

Problems I meet:
This is my first hackintosh and recently I have had random freezing issues which interrupt all my works. This happens 1~2 times a day without any sign. Nothing can be done except a force reboot. error in system.logs as follows:
Code:
Feb 27 11:47:10 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd[1284]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Feb 27 11:47:10 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
It repeats every 10 seconds in system.logs and it's the only error log there. At the system freeze time, there is no logs and normal reboot logs followed.

I have searched many similar issues and most of them happen when a Nvidia graphic card is installed. But this cannot help since my hackintosh only has Intel HD630 card.

Besides, Another problem which needs to be mentioned is that, with HDMI screen linked, this hackintosh cannot boot into system, but DP works normally.

Hardware:
Asrock H110M-STX
i5 7500T
Intel HD630
Mojave 10.14.2

I've attached my problem reporting script result, the system.logs which record the freeze at Feb 26 18:12:30, and the boot log at 18:14:00.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, please let me know if there's any more information I could include!

Attachments

• debug_10141.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 129
  • system.log.zip
    14 KB · Views: 144
im starting to hate this site, no body answer the posts..even if you ask correctly.

Hi All,

Problems I meet:
This is my first hackintosh and recently I have had random freezing issues which interrupt all my works. This happens 1~2 times a day without any sign. Nothing can be done except a force reboot. error in system.logs as follows:
Code:
Feb 27 11:47:10 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd[1284]): Service exited with abnormal code: 1
Feb 27 11:47:10 iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.displaypolicyd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.
It repeats every 10 seconds in system.logs and it's the only error log there. At the system freeze time, there is no logs and normal reboot logs followed.

I have searched many similar issues and most of them happen when a Nvidia graphic card is installed. But this cannot help since my hackintosh only has Intel HD630 card.

Besides, Another problem which needs to be mentioned is that, with HDMI screen linked, this hackintosh cannot boot into system, but DP works normally.

Hardware:
Asrock H110M-STX
i5 7500T
Intel HD630
Mojave 10.14.2

I've attached my problem reporting script result, the system.logs which record the freeze at Feb 26 18:12:30, and the boot log at 18:14:00.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, please let me know if there's any more information I could include!

Did you ever figure this out?

Are you running a Deskmini 110? I am running a Deskmini 110 with i7 7700(no-K) and experiencing random freezing too. Can't figure it out. I'm using DP since on ultra wide monitor the HD630 can only run 50mhz refresh over HDMI.

My HD is an Intel 600p NVME drive. I wonder if that could be the issue.

Did you ever figure this out?

Are you running a Deskmini 110? I am running a Deskmini 110 with i7 7700(no-K) and experiencing random freezing too. Can't figure it out. I'm using DP since on ultra wide monitor the HD630 can only run 50mhz refresh over HDMI.

My HD is an Intel 600p NVME drive. I wonder if that could be the issue.
I'm running a Deskmini 110/COM, I guess there is no big difference. The random freezing is a strange issue since no exact error logs can be found, I was using a regular Kingston SSD without nvme drive but it still occured.
What helps me resolve this issue is reinstalling and reconfiging from stratch, and I haven't experienced the freezing issue after that. I don't know why but it works!
Two config files are attched below. The first one could works normally on 1080P monitor with framebuffer fixed to 2048MB on my daily using, and the second one could works normally on 4k monitor without framebuffer (Why it cannot be fixed is another story). Hope they could help.
Notice: Both of them aren't NMVE patched

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 142
  • config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 139
Thanks for your config.plist I'll check the diff with mine.

What do you have in your /drivers64UEFI folder?

Here's mine:
Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 10.56.01 PM.png

Thanks for your config.plist I'll check the diff with mine.

What do you have in your /drivers64UEFI folder?

Here's mine:
View attachment 420881
The files on my machine are a little different, I think they are generated automatically by multi/uni beast at the time of system installing.
sys.jpg

I figured it out. It was a background process for Photos app.

Thanks for your help though. Now I'll figure out the whole black screen on wake stuff.

I figured it out. It was a background process for Photos app.

Thanks for your help though. Now I'll figure out the whole black screen on wake stuff.
In my memory, freezing occurred even when I was using it normally for example editing Word documents, and it can't come back to the usable state after 30 seconds. But this thread is still useful, which provides a possible solution and I'll check the fixing in case it freezes again.
Thanks for your finding, it helps a lot.
Meanwhile, could I quote your reply in another thread of the same issue?

Yea I had the same issue too while actually using my machine. If I have Photos app open in the background freezing will still happen randomly even with this workaround. I don’t get freezing if Photos app isn’t open and I’ve removed this plist file. This isn’t a solution however since it disables some of the functionality built in Photos app. But at least my machine doesn’t randomly freeze anymore.

Feel free to quote.

Possible solution:
In my Deskmini 110 i5 and i7, Clover I tried different graphics ig-platfom-id settings with mixed results. Sometimes stable no freezing but terrible graphics performance and vice versa. Finally just left it empty and its been stable with great 4K playback. Still get occasional black screens, like monitor sleep, that I have to wiggle my usb mouse to get rid of. Anyone have any pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back