Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave Radeon 580 display port (DP) no signal. New monitor aoc U2777pqu issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170-HD3
CPU
i5-6400
Graphics
RX 580
Hello!
Recently bought a new 4k monitor (aoc U2777pqu), so had to switch from dvi to other ports. The problem I have is that somehow monitor connected via hdmi port (I use legit 2.0 cable) sometimes blacks out if it is set to 60hz (50hz works just fine, but there are only 4k and 1080p options with this refresh rate). I've seen some other users have the same problem and solution is to switch to DP, but my video card is not sending a signal (i see clover an apple logo on boot up till approx 70%).
So, maybe, there are some settings that I could double check regarding ports in my 580? or other solution?

Hello!
Recently bought a new 4k monitor (aoc U2777pqu), so had to switch from dvi to other ports. The problem I have is that somehow monitor connected via hdmi port (I use legit 2.0 cable) sometimes blacks out if it is set to 60hz (50hz works just fine, but there are only 4k and 1080p options with this refresh rate). I've seen some other users have the same problem and solution is to switch to DP, but my video card is not sending a signal (i see clover an apple logo on boot up till approx 70%).
So, maybe, there are some settings that I could double check regarding ports in my 580? or other solution?

Do you have the latest Lilu and WEG?

I've been fighting a problem with Samsung monitor and 4 different graphics cards now, and nothing really helps other than looping it through a thunderbolt add in card. However those very same cards work fine with other monitors. This problem has been consistent with this same monitor through through a RX580, RX Vega56, RX 5700XT Nitro+, and now a Liquid Red Devil. This problem for me has been around for over a year and a half so I have expectations of WEG or LILU fixing it with updates.

This is a common enough problem, has even happened to me with Windows, it's an inherent issue with AMD graphics cards and some monitors. It's also a well know symptom with AMD cards with Windows that apparently has improved recently.

If you can return the monitor I strongly suggest you do while you can. I wish I had realized it happened in Windows too but didn't start duel booting until months after ward. When it does work it's great. I've even tried buying a high quality cable which refused to light up the screen regardless of what I do, though it can work in Windows with enough fussing. The cheaper cable works better than the 8K display port does.

Two of those graphics cards have been working flawlessly with macOS using other monitors for months now. You have to run an AMD card but you don't have to run that specific model and make of monitor.

For me I'm stuck with turn on and off the monitor to get an image back, and that's the best I can get because at least I don't have to replug cables or reset the computer to get the image back. Oddly, if it sits for a long time the screen will come back, it comes back if I turn it off, it's now down to situations where the monitor has been in sleep for shorter periods of time, like less than a couple of hours.

If you can, return the monitor.

I'll give it a shot, but I really doubt it. I've seen some old thread on how you can modify your video card output ports, and can not find it again, any ideas?

I'll give it a shot, but I really doubt it. I've seen some old thread on how you can modify your video card output ports, and can not find it again, any ideas?
It didn't work... : (((

1. Update your WEG+LILU
2. Try AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy Patch (usually needed for DP port if you are not using WEG)

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.21.10 PM.png

3. As for framebuffer patch,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back